Premed 101 Forums

3.82 wGPA - Interview invite possible?

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forum a lot and thought I'd just ask about others' experiences. I applied to UofT this cycle as a graduate applicant. I'm wondering is it possible to get an interview to UofT with a 3.82 wGPA? If you're in the class of 2021, do you know anyone who got an interview with that wGPA?

In the admissions statistics video for 2017, they mentioned that the lowest accepted GPA was 3.66. But I've been reading around the forums and most people say that you need >3.85. Also in the interview invites and accepted threads for 2016 and 2017, most people that posted (including graduate applicants) have >=3.9 wGPA. 

Any thoughts and insight on this would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, vvmm said:

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forum a lot and thought I'd just ask about others' experiences. I applied to UofT this cycle as a graduate applicant. I'm wondering is it possible to get an interview to UofT with a 3.82 wGPA? If you're in the class of 2021, do you know anyone who got an interview with that wGPA?

In the admissions statistics video for 2017, they mentioned that the lowest accepted GPA was 3.66. But I've been reading around the forums and most people say that you need >3.85. Also in the interview invites and accepted threads for 2016 and 2017, most people that posted (including graduate applicants) have >=3.9 wGPA. 

Any thoughts and insight on this would be appreciated.

As a graduate applicant, I’m sure you’ve accomplished some additional extracurricular activities that showcase whom you are as an individual. Remember in UofT’s admission video they also explain that those who aren’t close to that 3.94-3.96 can still make their applications outstanding on the non-academic side. Good luck for this cycle.

the people ive met in real life who were interviewing for uoft all had GPAs in the 3.8s/low 3.9s.

conversly almost everyone i know with really high GPAs (3.95s/3.97s) got rejected pre-interview. Goes to show you how much the other components are valuable now.

you are very much competitive for uoft, just get that 1st authorship and your golden

9 hours ago, Medi_27 said:

Certainly possible to get invited for interview and get accepted. I applied as an undergrad and was accepted with a GPA of under 3.8. It's certainly less likely than having a 4.0. If you can afford the application cost without much burden, apply. 

Hi i was just wondering if the 3.8 was your gpa after the formula was applied or before?

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/01/2018 at 2:43 PM, frei said:

This 60% for gpa is for grad students, right? also, what is the weight of essays, recommendation letters etc for grad students?

60% would explain 3.96 average!

The information I have states that essays=10%, letters=20% and autobiographical sketch=10%. 

Archived