Premed 101 Forums

UBC Pharmacy Applications 2017/2018 - Class of 2022

CDuke93

Also got an email at the same time - good luck everyone!
And don't worry if you didn't get accepted this year, if they somehow accepted me I'm sure you can get accepted too next time :)
By the way, anyone else a philosophy major? No just me? Okay.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, justastudent12 said:

Hi guys! I received my acceptance on Thursday as well but still havent received the admissions email with how to accept? How did you accept the offer? 

You have to log into UBC SSC portal admission to accept. 

I know some people paid the 2000 already :(( is it a glitch in the system?

I was just able to accept my admission on SSC without any prompts popping up about paying the deposit fee.... Now when I look at course registration for Winter 2018, there is a red bar near the top reminding me that I still owe the $2k but I can't seem to find where I can pay the fee... My financial summary says I have no outstanding fees. Anyone else having this problem?

On June 5, 2018 at 6:05 PM, Jjrun said:

My ssc now shows the fee and it says it’s due June 21! I also c the red bar on my registration and my registration time but .. how do we know what courses to register for?? 

You'll get plenty of emails from the faculty concerning registration and requirements, etc etc. so make sure to pay attention to those.

In terms of registration, you just need to pick one of 6 standardized timetables found here: https://courses.students.ubc.ca/cs/main?pname=sttspec&tname=sttspec&dept=PHRMD&spec= 1

The only difference between them is which lab/tutorial sections you'll be attending because it's usually two of the three blocks, as well as the timing of some of your assessments such as lab exams. You'll have all your other classes with the full cohort of 224 students so there's no difference there :)

hello congrats to those who got accepted and good luck to those still waiting!! just wanted to know if you guys had any tips for the interviews for next years intake as well as what your GPAs were around? Any advice would be super helpful thanks!!!

Does anyone know the start date for the program? Is it September 3rd? On the website it says most programs start that day but doesn’t specify! 

Also, has anyone received their admissions package in the mail yet?

Hello, I'm wondering what would be considered a competitive GPA for an OOP student? I'm OOP and currently have a 3.5 GPA. I have one year left of undergrad so have the possibility of improving my GPA in the fall semester... Would I have reasonable chances if I apply? What grades do successful OOP students typically have? 

Thanks!

Archived