Premed 101 Forums

Anyone else suspects invites would come out by the end of today ?

Last year, they said end of of Feb, yet we got the invites on the 10th. This year, they said mid January and it’s either this Friday or next Friday imo, given that invites are traditionally released on a Friday, just minutes before 5 pm ... 

Any input on this ? 

Just now, rickardo and mortimer said:

Why is your name FiftyshadesofMD and you're applying to a DDS program. No one wants you in the class if you think this is just a backup

DDS is very well one of the shades of MD. Plus, personal Qs can be directed through PMs. This post is clearly not about my profile name hahahaa

1 hour ago, rickardo and mortimer said:

Why is your name FiftyshadesofMD and you're applying to a DDS program. No one wants you in the class if you think this is just a backup

you sound like you don't like them MDs.. but I agree with the OP, I think we'll see invites later today. Good luck to everyone that applied!

5 hours ago, Dentistry101 said:

you sound like you don't like them MDs.. but I agree with the OP, I think we'll see invites later today. Good luck to everyone that applied!

i dont have a problem with MD's just dont like it when people put down the profession that i chose to do just because its seen as "not as good" or whatever. 

There's so many things I can say, such as who is giving Rickardo... the right to represent "everyone" in "the class"-which by the way, I'm not quite sure what class we are talking about- , or how just by looking at my profile name, they figured my true intentions of considering DDS "not as good", etc.

I'm not going to be dragged into an endless convo as my time is really precious, and more importantly, so is every one else's.  

Good luck everyone with your applications and I hope everyone gets some good news soon. 

Can anyone tell us about the format of the MMI?

ie. amount of minutes we have to read the prompt, and the amount of time we have to respond, how many prompts..

I know we probably don't know yet but incase someone does this would be helpful to start preparing early. I'll try to contact next week.

40 minutes ago, toothfairyhopeful said:

Can anyone tell us about the format of the MMI?

ie. amount of minutes we have to read the prompt, and the amount of time we have to respond, how many prompts..

I know we probably don't know yet but incase someone does this would be helpful to start preparing early. I'll try to contact next week.

No. Now go practice ur MMI <3

Sorry for nor being clear enough. By “they” I mean people at the admissions office. I’m not sure, because they were not sure and somehow confused about the exact format of the MMI. They said that it is not going to be exactly similar to other more common MMI models, which take ~80 minutes. They did not even use the word “station” as I was asking for the number of stations. They were saying that there is gonna be “3 rounds of interviews”.  Lastly, they told me that you have all you need to know in that document they sent. 

Can anyone at least tell us the question types to expect for this dental MMI?? Medical MMI interviews can include anything in addition to basic case-scenario questions like role-playing, quotes, pictures/videos. This would seem pretty extreme for UofT to include these without giving us a heads up. Is it safe to say that we'll only be asked case-scenario questions?

Archived