Premed 101 Forums

On 2018-01-18 at 0:16 PM, Coronaxtra said:

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst

Can't agree more!  Personally I'm practicing in all my spare time (this is my last kick at the can so to speak - last year trying to get in and only U of T and Western as possibilities). I'm using all the MMI and CDA sources I can get my hands on right now in prepping for U of T. My thinking is that "thinking on my feet" is what I am practicing so the more varying the material I work on, the more comfortable I will be when confronted with something new. CDA scenarios can be used as extra MMI practice as well to increase the volume I am working with. Since I am hoping for a Western interview as well, I figure starting with all CDA and MMI material will simultaneously prepare me for the Western interview too (banking on optimism right now too) 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fakedoctor said:

lol your kidding right? 

I strongly suspect so :)

There are a billions reasons to go into various medical or dental roles, and there is huge overlap between many of them - dentistry has more in common with many fields of medicine, than many fields of medicine have with other fields of medicine. In some ways it is odd to me that someone with interest in medicine wouldn't be interested in dentistry at least initially. 

• 10 months later...
On 1/19/2018 at 3:54 PM, crackingup said:

Can't agree more!  Personally I'm practicing in all my spare time (this is my last kick at the can so to speak - last year trying to get in and only U of T and Western as possibilities). I'm using all the MMI and CDA sources I can get my hands on right now in prepping for U of T. My thinking is that "thinking on my feet" is what I am practicing so the more varying the material I work on, the more comfortable I will be when confronted with something new. CDA scenarios can be used as extra MMI practice as well to increase the volume I am working with. Since I am hoping for a Western interview as well, I figure starting with all CDA and MMI material will simultaneously prepare me for the Western interview too (banking on optimism right now too) 

I'm pretty confident about getting a U of T interview so have started prepping - given we won't have much time before D-day next month. I found the above in last year's U of T posts - any other insights as we start prepping for the interview? Fingers crossed everyone. I hope I'm not jinxing this. 

Archived