Premed 101 Forums

uOttawa Interview 2018 Discussion

14 minutes ago, TheC0median said:

I was in the same spot last year and a day and a half before the interview they called to provide me a chance because another OOP declined interview lol. Keep a tiny bit of hope.

It's ok, I got my #1 choice so no biggie for Ottawa, it would've been a nice surprise but I never intended to go anyways... 

Invite/Rejection: Rejection 
Time Stamp: 29/01/2018 - 6:45 PM
Stream: English
wGPA: 3.95
Current year: UG complete
ECs: lots of hospital volunteering, peer mentorship, research opportunities (abstracts, protocol development etc), involved in student learning opportunities, ... idk I guess my ECs are really basic than I thought but I really did try to hammer down the CARMs stuff down this time around and elaborated on how I developed skills and personality through what I did  

Casper: Felt it went better than last time, but I  guess must have been pretty bad since Mac and Ottawa rejected me.

While a Mac rejection was expected, I was really holding out for Ottawa. Oh well I guess. 

8 minutes ago, TheC0median said:

Anyone have any information on number of applicants to UofO, how many OOP (english stream) invited for interview historically? Cannot find any statistics on their page. Nevermind found 2016 stats. 

Can you share the link with us? I’ve been looking for the stats too

Got rejected for an interview but this was included in the rejection email:

"Occasionally, vacancies occur during the interview process, Should this happen, you may be contacted (by telephone or by email) for an interview."

Does this mean I'm waitlisted? It's kind of annoying if not because it feels like giving someone a false sense of hope to linger on to.

Realistically speaking, what are the odds of getting contacted for an interview after not being offered a spot?

2 minutes ago, etimtab said:

Got rejected for an interview but this was included in the rejection email:

"Occasionally, vacancies occur during the interview process, Should this happen, you may be contacted (by telephone or by email) for an interview."

Does this mean I'm waitlisted? It's kind of annoying if not because it feels like giving someone a false sense of hope to linger on to.

Realistically speaking, what are the odds of getting contacted for an interview after not being offered a spot?

Everyone gets that, and chances are pretty slim. But you could be close, or super far off. No way to know until pretty much interview week. Does happen, know it personally.

25 minutes ago, collegeboiq said:

yea, nothing there either

annoying - I suspect they will be flooded tomorrow with requests for the rest. 

As a side note - I really don't understand why this isn't all centralized back through OMSAS. This distributed email approach is always so error prone. 

• Leon pinned this topic