Premed 101 Forums

Western Interview Invites/Regrets 2018

Time stamp: 3:29 pm pacific Standard Time

Invite: No

Swomen:yes

2YGPA: 3.86   

MCAT: 126 (phys) 129(cars) 127(bio) [382 total]

Literally missed the total cuttoff by 1 point, was kind of hoping they'd reduce it this year cause when I called them they recommended I applied anyways.. welp congrats to those who got invites

2 hours ago, Soccergirl0130 said:

Time Stamp: 6:04PM

Invite: No

IP/OOP: IP

Non-SWOMEN

GPA: 3.97 cumulative 

MCAT: 129/129/130 (Chem/CARS/Bio)

I’m a little confused as of why I didn’t get an invite since I’ve met all of the minimum requirements 

I guess I’ll just have to wait for their response :( 

Did you miss the 3/5 rule?

13 minutes ago, Soccergirl0130 said:

I don’t think so, but do you mind explaining what it means? I’ve gotten a 4.0 for the past 7 semesters and the semester that I didn’t, I got a 3.8. :/ 

Each academic year that is used for the 2YGPA needs to have at least 3.0/5.0 courses at that level of study. For example in your 3rd year, at least 3.0 of your course load needs to be at the 3rd year level. 

6 minutes ago, Soccergirl0130 said:

No** sorry I misread your question. ,

I think there might have been some confusion because I attended university in the US. The course credit system is different there. 

Do you have Canadian citizenship? If so, I think this might be a situation where you might want to call admissions and check if there was confusion, since there shouldn't be any subjective component. I could be totally off base though. 

44 minutes ago, Comprehensible said:

Do you have Canadian citizenship? If so, I think this might be a situation where you might want to call admissions and check if there was confusion, since there shouldn't be any subjective component. I could be totally off base though. 

Yeah I do, I’m gonna call tomorrow. Thanks for all of the help :)

• Leon pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2018 at 0:00 AM, Soccergirl0130 said:

Yeah I do, I’m gonna call tomorrow. Thanks for all of the help :)

Hi Soccergirl0130 Did you work things out with Western? Did you figure out why you did not get an interview? I am in a similar situation and was wondering if there was a reason for you not getting an interview, and whether Western responded to your inquiry. thx