Premed 101 Forums

****UPDATES****

Bonjour tout le monde! Avec le début des entrevues simulées qui s’approche (ce lundi), nous avons une annonce excitante. Vous pouvez maintenant vous inscrire à une deuxième entrevue simulée! Il n’y reste quelques places, et suivra le principe du premier arrivé, premier servi.

Hi everyone! With the first day of mock interviews approaching (this Monday) we have an exciting announcement. You can now sign up for a second interview slot! There are only a limited number of spots left, and its on a first come, first serve basis.

ENGLISH FOLLOWS

Bonjour à tous! Encore une fois cette année, les étudiants de médecine de première année de l’Université d’Ottawa, sont fiers de vous offrir des séances d’entrevues simulées pour vous permettre de vous familiariser avec le déroulement de la vraie entrevue! L’entrevue vous coûtera 12$ et tous les fonds seront versés à l'oeuvre de bienfaisance choisie par la classe de 2021: Pancreatic Cancer Canada. Le paiement se fera à l’aide de Paypal pendant votre inscription en ligne. Le lien ci-joint vous dirigera vers la page d’inscription.

La période d’inscription débutera dimanche le 4 février à 17h00. Les séances sont offertes de façon premier arrivé, premier servi donc ne tardez pas! Pour toutes questions, contactez-nous au admissionsmd2021@gmail.com.

*Ces entrevues simulées sont réservées aux candidats d'entrevue de l'Université d'Ottawa.*

PARTAGEZ CE MESSAGE SVP! :) 

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094ea5af2ba6fc1-mock1

Hi! Once again this year, the first year students of the University of Ottawa - Faculty of Medicine are proud to offer mock interviews, which aim to give you a practice run before your real interview. Interviews will be $12, and the money will go towards our class charity, Pancreatic Cancer Canada. The payment will be processed online through Paypal along with your registration. The link below will bring you to the registration page.

The registration period will begin on Sunday, February 4th at 5:00 p.m. The sessions are offered on a first-come, first-served basis, so please don’t wait! If you have any questions, contact us at admissionsmd2021@gmail.com.

*These mock interviews are reserved for interview candidates of the University of Ottawa.* 

PLEASE SHARE THIS MESSAGE! :)

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094ea5af2ba6fc1-mock1

Merci & thank you!

Christopher & Nicole

Représentants du comité des admissions | Admissions Committee Representatives

2 hours ago, Donald_Duck said:

I suggest anyone reading this post to partake in this, it will be very helpful (even I will be participating as an interviewer :P). These practices are not done by distance (skype).

Interview invites are coming early next week guaranteed.

Mr Duck

OK thanks! Too bad that it's not online (a 7 hour drive probably isn't realistic for practice), but I'm sure those who can participate will get a great benefit!

Hello again, 

Mr Duck is Mr Right in this case.

@msophie, interview invites and regrets will be sent very shortly. It will definitely be sent out before the sign up times.

@Comprehensible, there was discussion about this topic since your post, but unfortunately due to the complexity of organizing Skype interviews (eg. they would only make up a small proportion of mock interviews, and it is difficult to ensure that people who are really far away sign up for it instead of those who are within a more reasonable driving distance but would sign up out of practicality), and the risk of technical issues hindering or completely preventing the mock interview from taking place, we will only be holding face to face interviews this year, as in years prior. I'm sorry, and I hope you can still make it though! (There will be sign up times on Saturday February the 17th that start at 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm, which might be more practical for those who are out of town.)

Good luck in the coming days.

Wishing you well,

Christopher & Nicole

Hello @Valor,

Sorry about that! Dates and times are:

Monday February 12th: 5pm – 8pm

Wednesday February 14th: 5pm – 7pm

Thursday February 15th: 5pm – 7pm

Friday February 16th: 5pm – 8pm

Saturday February 17th: 10am – 4pm

The mock interviews last an hour each (with 45 minutes for the actual interview and 15 minutes of feedback), so depending on the day there are a different amount of slots available. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Christopher & Nicole

13 hours ago, uOttawa MD2021 StudentReps said:

Hello @Valor,

Sorry about that! Dates and times are:

Monday February 12th: 5pm – 8pm

Wednesday February 14th: 5pm – 7pm

Thursday February 15th: 5pm – 7pm

Friday February 16th: 5pm – 8pm

Saturday February 17th: 10am – 4pm

The mock interviews last an hour each (with 45 minutes for the actual interview and 15 minutes of feedback), so depending on the day there are a different amount of slots available. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Christopher & Nicole

Good morning Christopher and Nicole, 

Thank you for the dates and time for the mock interviews. For planning purposes, which of these time slots will be held in French ? 

Thanks and have great day :D 

Mr Trout

7 hours ago, Donald_Duck said:

@Snowden the med students have no relation to the admissions process, what happens in mock stays in mock! Of course, we are here to give you advice. Confidentiality goes both ways.

Mr Duck

Out of curiosity, would we be required to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) should we choose to partake in these mock interviews?

Hello again,

@liveyourdream, there will be French interviews during each of the listed times. However, Monday has the highest proportion of French interviews, and during the rest of the days the proportion is reversed. But it's very possible to come any day if you're quick with the signup, I hope!

@Snowden, you and Mr Duck are correct. The mocks are run by first-year students who are not related to the Admissions Committee in any way. However, we do ask that you treat this as you would your real interview in regards to professionalism.

@LUUO, there is a waiver that we ask you sign and provide before your mock interview, though I do not believe it counts as an NDA. It is currently available from the sign up site, and relates more with declaring the scope of the mock interviews.

Thanks!

Christopher & Nicole

@friedchickendude, is it working for you now?

@Snowden, thank you for bringing this to our attention; I didn't know this was a possible setting until you brought this up. The names have been hidden. Although, just because someone signed up, doesn't necessarily mean that they have received an interview invite. The validation comes later on.

Thank you,

Christopher

Hello @Sincere,

Great question! It's up to you, but we would suggest anywhere in the spectrum between business casual and the business professional wear you plan on wearing to your real interview.

From what I could tell last year, a significant proportion if not most people were wearing clothes suited (haha) for the real interview, some could say this allows to fully recreate the experience and reduce stress during the real interview. Others prefer to keep their suits/dresses/other nice, safe and locked away until interview day. Whatever works for you! :) 

Thanks,

Christopher & Nicole

Archived