Premed 101 Forums

Hi everyone! With the first day of mock interviews approaching (this Monday) we have an exciting announcement. You can now sign up for a second interview slot! There are only a limited number of spots left, and its on a first come, first serve basis. Grab one while you can!  :) 

Here's the link for those who need it - http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094ea5af2ba6fc1-mock1

Bonjour tout le monde! Avec le début des entrevues simulées qui s’approche (ce lundi), nous avons une annonce excitante. Vous pouvez maintenant vous inscrire à une deuxième entrevue simulée! Il n’y reste quelques places, et suivra le principe du premier arrivé, premier servi. :P

15 minutes ago, FatherFranklin said:

I got crushed by the mock interview :( one of the guys just picked on everything I said. They barely said anything good. Anyone else have a similar experience? I’m feeling less confident now but I’ll try to work on everything they gave feedback on

It may be hard to hear, but take his advice! I'm also quite critical when I prepare others for MD interviews. This is how you recognize flaws, grow and ace the real deal. Take it in stride. 

Hello @FatherFranklin,

We are sorry that you left the mock interview feeling this way; it is not our intention at all. As disclosed in the waiver, some of the students adopt interviewer personalities that may reflect those you would encounter during the real interview.

"7) The Mock Interview Series have been designed with the specific intention of providing a full spread of experiences/obstacles that Applicants may encounter on the formal interview days. As such, a limited amount of acting and dramatization may be performed on the part of the Hosts only to portray the personalities of the real interviewers."

It is pretty typical that people leave the real interview feeling there was a more "strict" interviewer: someone who seems less empathetic or attentive, or who pushes more during certain questions, the intention most likely being to see how candidates manage difficult situations and face adversity. We believe facing an uncomfortable situation like this in a mock interview might better prepare you should you have a similar experience during your formal interview day. We really hope you do not take this dramatization to heart. Deep down, the students who did the mock interviews, and the interviewers doing the real ones want you to succeed as best you can during your interview. 

However, we are very open to receiving feedback, and are committed to making this experience as good as it can be for future applicants. Therefore, we will shortly be sending out a survey to those that participated in order to get impressions and opinions from mock interviewees.

Let us know if you have any other concerns, and best of luck during interview season. :)

Kind regards,

Christopher & Nicole

Archived