Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa 2018 Interview Invites/Rejections

7 hours ago, Galaxy123 said:

Invite!!
Time Stamp: January 29, 7:14 pm NST
Stream: English
wGPA: 3.81
Current year: 4th
ECs: Average... lots of different work and educational experiences in Canada and abroad

Casper: Did VERY little prep, answered honestly

Damn, I thought there was a 3.85 wGPA cut off. I guess not?

Invite !!!!! Genuinely humbled by this one

Time Stamp: 29/1/2018 6:31 pm
wGPA: 3.97
Current year: Graduated from UG; currently working
ECs: Lots of volunteering and work experience                                                                     Casper: I thought it went quite well. Maybe 1-2 questions where I wasn't able to finish my thought, but overall was confident!

Was in tears when I got the email. I  applied the last two cycles with no interview invites. 

Invite!!!!!!!!!!
Time Stamp: 29/01/2018 6:25PM
wGPA: 3.915
Current year: Completed my MPH
ECs: Pretty varied. Some research with no pubs. A lot of volunteering with older populations (who I hope to work with in the future). I didn't think they were too strong overall, compared to some of the other posts I see on this site. 

Casper: Felt good about it.Gave my honest opinion on each question. 

Rejection :(
Time Stamp: 29/01/2018 - 6:44 PM
wGPA: 3.98
Current year: 4th year
ECs: 3+ years research, community volunteering, mentoring, cultural events, extracurricular teaching, shadowing

Casper: Was probably ok, but answered only a couple lines for each question. Got McGill invite, so probably not too bad.

Hi everyone,

Question for the ones that got interviews. Have you received the email providing information about the interviews? It has been over 48 hours since I received my interview invite, but still no email about interview format.

Thanks 

EDIT: I received my email this morning 8am mountain time. 

Edited by s111

5 hours ago, s111 said:

Hi everyone,

Question for the ones that got interviews. Have you received the email providing information about the interviews? It has been over 48 hours since I received my interview invite, but still no email about interview format.

Thanks 

Hey s111, I also haven’t received an email with info about the interviews. I got an email confirming receipt of my confirmation of attendance, but nothing else yet. Please post if you hear anything, and I will do the same! 

• 3 weeks later...

Invite!
wGPA: 3.88
Current year: 4th Year Ug
ECs: Diverse but nothing amazing: Volunteering with vulnerable populations, sports, student government experience, worked throughout undergrad, research (no pubs, some presentations), etc.

Casper: Felt okay, it was my second time writing it so maybe I did better than expected

Incredibly surprised to have gotten an Ottawa invite given my relatively low GPA

• 11 months later...
On 1/29/2018 at 7:47 PM, onesieluv said:

Invite!!
Time Stamp: 29/01/2018 - 5:57 PM
Stream: French (OOP (not QC))   (CNFS)
wGPA: 3.958
Current year: 3rd year undergrad
ECs: International karate athlete, 2yrs medical receptionist, national essay 12k winner, hospital volunteering, volunteering with persons with disabilities, 2 clubs, 60k views on my chemistry Youtube videos, 2yrs working for my faculty, 2nd author on manuscript (still waiting for my PI to submit it..), etc

Casper: Thought it was much harder than the english casper I wrote for Mac (who rejected me but I have 126 in CARS so who knows)

I remember you from the last applicant cycle! Best of luck this year! :)