Premed 101 Forums

When are interview invites/rejections coming out?

38 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

ha, so many IT problems in this - we need better IT people.

good luck!

I was just offered an interview for a developer position at a finance company. If successful at that one, I'm happy to charge the U of A my going rate to fix their IT :D

Or I'll settle for an interview :P

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, insomnias said:

I was just offered an interview for a developer position at a finance company. If successful at that one, I'm happy to charge the U of A my going rate to fix their IT :D

Or I'll settle for an interview :P

you don't know how many times similar thoughts popped up for me. I am computer programmer and every time I run into a crappy system I just want to fix it

14 minutes ago, Hanibarca said:

This gut feeling , today's the day 

I emailed them and they said even if they can’t sort out IT issues for setting up interviews, they’ll still send out emails letting students know if they will be interviewed or not. So today is the day. 

"Please note that anything you have included in your application may be discussed with you during the interview process. We recommend that you review your application prior to arrival. Any sensitive, personal information you choose to disclose on your application and/or during the panel interview is highly unlikely to negatively impact your application. We do appreciate the strength that is required to discuss these topics."

1 minute ago, potatoface said:

"Please note that anything you have included in your application may be discussed with you during the interview process. We recommend that you review your application prior to arrival. Any sensitive, personal information you choose to disclose on your application and/or during the panel interview is highly unlikely to negatively impact your application. We do appreciate the strength that is required to discuss these topics."

Ah, I guess that makes sense then that it will have more specific questions than just the MMI format. Exciting!

2 minutes ago, casajayo said:

What do you mean?

The interview process at the University of Alberta consists of panel and MMI stations. You will complete one panel interview (20 minutes in length) and 6 MMI stations (10 minutes each).  Please note that anything you have included in your application may be discussed with you during the interview process. We recommend that you review your application prior to arrival. Any sensitive, personal information you choose to disclose on your application and/or during the panel interview is highly unlikely to negatively impact your application. We do appreciate the strength that is required to discuss these topics.

There is a panel interview in addition to the MMI's.

44 minutes ago, Livinalberta said:

The interview process at the University of Alberta consists of panel and MMI stations. You will complete one panel interview (20 minutes in length) and 6 MMI stations (10 minutes each).  Please note that anything you have included in your application may be discussed with you during the interview process. We recommend that you review your application prior to arrival. Any sensitive, personal information you choose to disclose on your application and/or during the panel interview is highly unlikely to negatively impact your application. We do appreciate the strength that is required to discuss these topics.

There is a panel interview in addition to the MMI's.

Wait, was the panel part in the email? I only have the 2nd part (starting from please note) in mine.

EDIT: I'm dumb, there's a link to a site with all the information in the email.

Panel must be mainly for the essay.

4 minutes ago, future_doczhang said:

Do invites come out in batches or should I assume reject if I haven’t received anything yet?

There is always some controversy as to how invites/rejects are sent out from different med schools.  I may only suggest that because U of A has definitely had some IT issues that not everything is complete.  Please be sure to check your junk email just in case. Best!

Archived