Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got an email notification from University of Florida (one of those MCAT solicitors) and got quite a scare 

Legend has it that the more you check your email, the faster it comes 

My bones have broken from how rattled they are 

Posted Images

I think for those who haven't heard back, it's because they truly have not gotten to our application yet. It was said earlier in the thread they've added more interview dates in the past because they had more competent applicants than expected?

 

not sure if true, but I really don't think our chances are any worse than before 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2hopeful said:

I think for those who haven't heard back, it's because they truly have not gotten to our application yet. It was said earlier in the thread they've added more interview dates in the past because they had more competent applicants than expected?

 

not sure if true, but I really don't think our chances are any worse than before 

Yea I agree that if you haven't heard back yet it is simply because your application has not yet been reviewed. It explains why some people that didn't make MCAT/GPA cutoffs still have not been rejected. Also, if your application has already been "rejected", it just doesn't make sense to withhold that information for months rather than notifying you immediately. With that being said, I don't think our chances are any worse than before...

Anyways, best of luck to all! :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From the U of T Med Facebook on last night (March 8th):

"MD Applicants: We are still sending out interview invitations. They will continue to go out on a rolling basis between now and the end of this month. We do not have a specific date or time per week that we send out the invitations. Once decisions are made, we do our best to notify the applicants as soon as possible. #UofTMed"

Hmm... I think they just don't mind that travel arrangements can be very stressful/expensive. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Edgy&Dangerous said:

From the U of T Med Facebook on last night (March 8th):

"MD Applicants: We are still sending out interview invitations. They will continue to go out on a rolling basis between now and the end of this month. We do not have a specific date or time per week that we send out the invitations. Once decisions are made, we do our best to notify the applicants as soon as possible. #UofTMed"

Hmm... I think they just don't mind that travel arrangements can be very stressful/expensive. :(

XD they’re reading this forum

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Edgy&Dangerous said:

From the U of T Med Facebook on last night (March 8th):

"MD Applicants: We are still sending out interview invitations. They will continue to go out on a rolling basis between now and the end of this month. We do not have a specific date or time per week that we send out the invitations. Once decisions are made, we do our best to notify the applicants as soon as possible. #UofTMed"

Hmm... I think they just don't mind that travel arrangements can be very stressful/expensive. :(

Does it mean if we are meant to receive an invitation or more importantly, a regret, they will notice us as soon as possible instead of holding it until the end?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, peace2014 said:

Does it mean if we are meant to receive an invitation or more importantly, a regret, they will notice us as soon as possible instead of holding it until the end?

That is what they say... but it really doesn't make sense when so many people are waiting to hear back ... X% of time has passed but way less than X% of people have heard back so are they procastinating? (jk, if you're reading this U of T, please love me)

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MD.VA said:

They should have a meter showing how many application they've gone through and how many they still have left. UofT if you're reading this, pls consider. It would prevent every singe "so at this point if I haven't heard anything should I assume I've been rejected?" post.

I think dominos already has a patent pending on this system 

<< Your application is in the oven >> 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, michaelmichael said:

I think dominos already has a patent pending on this system 

<< Your application is in the oven >> 

I'm not even asking for individual feedback. Just the general 1200/3500 applications processed.... They don't even have to have a meter! Just tweet it out for us.... is it really too much to ask

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWOWOMAN said:

Spoke with admissions. There are two potential situations that we who haven't heard back are in: (1) you're on the waitlist OR (2) your file hasn't been reviewed yet. 

Also, all file reviews will be done by next Friday. If you have not heard back by then, you're on the waitlist!

 

they should atleast tell you if you're on the waitlist...

Link to post
Share on other sites

There were a lot of round of invites and very limited number rounds of rejections, so the "wait-list" seems very long, almost like a buffer to rank applications (with the future ones not reviewed yet), which kind of makes sense to make it fair. Considering they started announcing for 8th of April there seems to be < 100 spots left for the interview (6 dates, 600 spots minus Phd/MD). With so many people that were not notified something is fishy and the admission office is not transparent about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year the big wave of rejections followed all the invites (for possible interview dates). So whatever SWOWOMAN was notified by the admission office that ppl are either wait-listed or their file was not processed yet seems not precise (they do not seem to send rejections on regular basis but focus first on invites mostly). Based on last year, next week will be the last round of invites and big waves of rejections will follow the week(s) after that. Also, since they started inviting for 8th of April (last date out of 6) it seems like at least 85% of applications are processed (most likely more).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...