Premed 101 Forums

Next round of invites

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to u of t admin page “MD Applicants: We still have some interview spaces left. We will be sending out the majority of our interview invitations and letters of regret by the end of this week/early next week.” So the latest that most of us are going to hear back from them is Tuesday I think. The wait is tough but hang on everyone!

Y'all are being too pessimistic about this whole situation. Think of this as a Schrödinger's cat type situation: until we hear back we are both invited AND rejected.

Pretty good news for everyone who, like me, has never been invited for an interview before.

Just my 2c

ps. PsychSoc was my highest MCAT section which may also subtly indicate why I am still/was only hopeful for UofT

20 minutes ago, Acceptmenextcyclehowbowdah said:

ps. PsychSoc was my highest MCAT section which may also subtly indicate why I am still/was only hopeful for UofT

Sorry I don't mean to be rude but I don't see the correlation here because U of T doesn't care about your individual section performance. Could you please elaborate? PsychSoc was also one of my highest sections

5 minutes ago, healthscireject said:

Sorry I don't mean to be rude but I don't see the correlation here because U of T doesn't care about your individual section performance. Could you please elaborate? PsychSoc was also one of my highest sections

Just a joke... high psych score = more reasonable = calmer = remain hopeful.

28 minutes ago, Eudaimonia said:

Honestly I didn't notice the joke until you brought it up and CARS was my lowest score. You must've scored well in it haha

Nah my best is and always will be Bio. I did a damn graduate degree in it.

Just for clarification

Schrödinger's cat = PsychSoc

High PsychSoc ~ I had a personally low verbal score [I realize this implication was poorly communicated. I apologize. I realize communication is also a CanMEDs role so tisk tisk]

Low verbal score = UofT is my only hope 

UofTease is my only hope = Sad.

Sad = Acceptmenextcyclehowbowdah.

3 hours ago, Acceptmenextcyclehowbowdah said:

Y'all are being too pessimistic about this whole situation. Think of this as a Schrödinger's cat type situation: until we hear back we are both invited AND rejected.

Pretty good news for everyone who, like me, has never been invited for an interview before.

Just my 2c

If Schrodinger's cat waited this long, it is for sure dead...

1 hour ago, healthscireject said:

Any advice for how to improve the ECs/Essays aspects of my U of T app? :'( Much appreciated - gracias!

You're going to have to give us some deets for good answers. 

But in general: do ECs that you enjoy, think why you enjoy them, and then relate those aspects to medicine. Let's say you like music and you taught yourself how to play guitar. That shows you can be independent, self-sufficient, and dedicated - all great characteristics of a doctor. Lets say you play recreational team soccer through your city sports program. Eventhough this isnt intramural level sports, you've probably still developed quite a few teamwork skills, again very important for doctors. In general, it's not just what you do, it's how you sell it. As for the essays, make them as personal as you can and juice 'em up with canmed. Hope this helped.

Archived