Premed 101 Forums

2018 UofT Dent accepted/waitlisted/rejected

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, brockhampton said:

Found out there is only one wait list this year, "there is only one waitlist as we are no longer limiting the number of out of province students we accept."

:o WHAAAT ... so that could be good or bad right? depending on whether OOP students prefer to go to their home schools. 

edit: wait does this mean if we combine previous waitlist movement for IP and OOP we can expect around 38 spots to move this cycle?? 

10 minutes ago, ysoNaCly said:

:o WHAAAT ... so that could be good or bad right? depending on whether OOP students prefer to go to their home schools. 

Think this should be a good news for everyone on the waitlist, as we only found out after knowing our ranking already :o (ex. assuming OOP applicants are more likely to decline their offers in favor of their IP invites) 

As well, IF this is true, movement in the waitlist will no longer be only attributed to IP applicants, but also OOP applicants. Meaning, it should be predicted to move minimally just as much as last year (think the number of invites offered to those on the waitlist floating around on the forum only considered IP applicants) But take this with a grain of salt :P

4 minutes ago, Friendlyapplicant said:

Think this should be a good news for everyone on the waitlist, as we only found out after knowing our ranking already :o (ex. assuming OOP applicants are more likely to decline their offers in favor of their IP invites) 

hoping this is the case :)

41 minutes ago, Tooth_fairyy said:

Guys I have a question about the conditional offer. I currently have a full course load and I might drop one of the courses because I really don't need it. I was wondering does that have an impact on my offer? 

I don't think UofT cares about having a full course load. As long as you will have 3 years of undergrad (15 full year course equivalents) and your annual GPA is over 3.0 you should be fine! Just make sure dropping the course has no impact on your GPA

1 hour ago, Tooth_fairyy said:

Guys I have a question about the conditional offer. I currently have a full course load and I might drop one of the courses because I really don't need it. I was wondering does that have an impact on my offer? 

Ya, I would really like to know this too let me know if you find out 

21 minutes ago, very_hopeful_dent_2022 said:

Based on the Western interview thread, the waitlist will literally only move a few spots max (5-10). I guess there is always next year... :( 

I'd definitely think it'd be more than 5-10. Taking into consideration of OOP and med applicants, in addition to those who have a preference for schulich program(ex. UWO undergrads) 

14 minutes ago, Friendlyapplicant said:

I'd definitely think it'd be more than 5-10. Taking into consideration of OOP and med applicants, in addition to those who have a preference for schulich program(ex. UWO undergrads) 

I'm not familiar at all with the Schulich program but just curious, is there something special about it? 

39 minutes ago, very_hopeful_dent_2022 said:

Based on the Western interview thread, the waitlist will literally only move a few spots max (5-10). I guess there is always next year... :( 

Keep in mind the people on these forums represent only a small fraction of accepted applicants.

8 minutes ago, Eudaimonia said:

I'm not familiar at all with the Schulich program but just curious, is there something special about it? 

I'm not too sure myself, but I was just referring to geographical preferences, ahah. Moving out to attend school in distant will put a significantly harsher financial pressure. I'd assume at least some people who could commute to UWO via public transit would prefer schulich for that reason.

2 hours ago, very_hopeful_dent_2022 said:

Every year, it seems like the waitlist won’t move at UofT but in June and July it seems to pick up. You won’t see much waitlist movement for a while but it’ll definitely move once med acceptances and oop schools send out acceptances!

Archived