Premed 101 Forums

2018 UofT Dent accepted/waitlisted/rejected

3 hours ago, Tooth_fairyy said:

for the immunization, since hepatitis B’s vaccine takes 6 months to be completed, would the admissions have problem if you finish the last round of in september?

I believe you can get the twinrix vaccine at an accelerated rate.. I remember reading something about this. Maybe ask your doctor or a pharmacist about this option..

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tooth_fairyy said:

for the immunization, since hepatitis B’s vaccine takes 6 months to be completed, would the admissions have problem if you finish the last round of in september?

You can do the accelerated protocol! It will be administered on day 0, 7, and 21-30. I was able to even do the last two doses in a different country so this will not ruin any summer vacation plans (assuming you stay someone else for an extended period of time) if you have good planning.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, oioi said:

Can anyone confirm whether we have to maintain a 3.0 in every course that we are taking this year? I may not be able to make a B in one of my courses 

You can call to be safe but based on the admissions website it should just be your year GPA.

"*Note that courses taken in the academic year, during the proposed year of entry will nobe included in the calculation of the applicant's cumulative GPA. Any offer of admission, however, will be contingent upon the successful applicant maintaining an annual GPA of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale) for the current academic year"

On 4/4/2018 at 8:54 PM, Friendlyapplicant said:

Hey guys, I appreciate all the things that you guys talk about, but it seems that the topics have really spiraled away from what it was initially intended to be. Perhaps consider making a new post for everything related to post-acceptance! :P

Nah

On 3/25/2018 at 5:50 PM, Tooth_fairyy said:

I am in the same boat. My Doc is giving me a 3 month protocol: 1st dose now, 2nd dose in 1 month and 3rd dose in 2 months.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, PokemonTrainer said:

I think you get the enrollment letter/proof of enrollment in late August (orientation/white coat ceremony week) when you register for classes.

Hmmm okay. Just asking because Scotia needs some sort of proof in order to fund the LoC, but not sure how this would work since fees are due before classes begin 

14 minutes ago, ysoNaCly said:

Update for waitlisters: still only moved 2 spots.. insanely slow this year :(

It's always like that. Med school offers just came out last week, the bulk of the movement happens 2 weeks after med school results when they have to make decisions and its a ripple effect that starts moving the waitlist. 

2 minutes ago, Coronaxtra said:

It's always like that. Med school offers just came out last week, the bulk of the movement happens 2 weeks after med school results when they have to make decisions and its a ripple effect that starts moving the waitlist. 

Oh ok I forgot about the Med deadline. I was just comparing to last year it had moved 8 spots by this date.

Archived