Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Interview Invites 2018

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invite! 

On 3/1/2018 at 1:56 PM, longhaul said:

Congrats to those who were invited! We’re all really looking forward to meet you.

If you have any general questions about the procedure of the interview weekend, quote me in this thread and I’ll publicly respond when I can :)

I am excited but  worried because I have not interviewed at western before. Any tips? 

Congrats to everyone getting invites. I highly suggest you visit the schools and see their facilities and meet the people who will become your upper years before making a choice. Make the most informed decision you can, as you will be spending four years of your life at the school with those people. 

Just now, Futbol99 said:

Invite! 

I am excited but also worried because I need to do a lot of preparation and have not interviewed at western before. Especially that I have school going along side too. Any tips with starting out/making a rough outline on approaching this interview through out the coming month? 

Personally, last year preparing for all the other interviews I had before Western made me really focus on reflecting on my past experiences that have shaped who I am. I HIGHLY recommend you focus on knowing yourself for this interview

5 minutes ago, bluejay14 said:

would those who got an interview mind posting their stats? Curious about PAT marks and how they might have factored in this year. 

I have a 88.5% GPA

AA: 22, PAT:17 and I completed my master.

I was really worried for my PAT score but I guess there was not a cut off for PAT! 

I had a 20 PAT and got an interview! 

On the website all it says is that "all sections of the DAT test may be considered" (except the Manual Dexterity section) but it doesn't mention anything about whether it's factored in pre-interview or post-interview, and doesn't mention whether or not they would be setting a cut off for it or anything like that. In fact, it doesn't even definitively state that they will be looking at it...it just says they "may". In other words it's quite vague, but I think it's best not to speculate since none of us actually know how they might be looking at it. For those that got an interview, just be grateful! For those that didn't, keep your heads up! I applied last year and was rejected without an interview, and re-applied and got an interview this year and I'm praying I can turn it into an acceptance! If this is what you truly want then just work hard to improve yourself and continue working toward your goal! 

Good luck to everyone interviewing! Can't wait to meet you all on interview day!

57 minutes ago, Predentstudent1 said:

I have a few questions:

1) Does anyone know if they favour IP over OOP applicants or is everyone treated the same?

2) do we know approx. how many people usually get waitlisted?

1) They don't favour IP over OOP. Compared to 2020's, this year 2021's have more OOP for example.

2) Last year they started telling applicants based on previous years' movements if they are high (this being the number of applicants that came off the waitlist the previous years, which they don't disclose), normal, or low waitlist. Last year, high waitlist didn't fully clear. No idea on how big the total list is. 

4 hours ago, longhaul said:

Congrats to those who were invited! We’re all really looking forward to meet you.

If you have any general questions about the procedure of the interview weekend, quote me in this thread and I’ll publicly respond when I can :)

Is there a waitlist for interview invites? Or do the odds get better the more people reject their interview offer? 

Archived