Premed 101 Forums

Does anyone know the structure of the MMI vs Panel part of the interview

On the "Candidates Schedule" it lists 1hr 20min for the interview time, but doesn't give any further info about how the panel interview fits in there. Does anyone know? Given that the panel interview is double the length of the MMI stations, how will it work?

On 3/2/2018 at 5:27 PM, TheC0median said:

20 min panel, 6 MMI stations (2 min planning, 8 min speaking) = 80 minutes :) Probably run through the MMI stations and then complete the panel. 

That would mean that they have a panel for each person on your track ready to go at the end of the MMI stations then wouldn't it? I have no idea how many people they're interviewing but even a guess at 20-30 per time slot that doesn't seem reasonable

8 minutes ago, casajayo said:

That would mean that they have a panel for each person on your track ready to go at the end of the MMI stations then wouldn't it? I have no idea how many people they're interviewing but even a guess at 20-30 per time slot that doesn't seem reasonable

Not sure of the specific logistics but UofC did the above and had half the tracks start panel then switch to MMI and vice versa for the other tracks. They had roughly 80 students in one time slot. 

This is ALL speculation, but I'm under the impression that each circuit track has 6 MMI station rooms + 2 panel rooms.  Once you reach the panel station, you will enter either room A or room B.  Interviewees would alternate rooms so that the 20 minute panel is integrated into the circuit.  Thus, you could either start with the panel, finish with the panel, or have the panel mid-way through the 6 MMI stations.

This assumption is based on the information provided in the name tag legend at this site: https://sites.google.com/a/ualberta.ca/u-of-a-faculty-of-medicine-dentistry-interview-information/your-interview/interview-day-info.

15 hours ago, astro said:

This is ALL speculation, but I'm under the impression that each circuit track has 6 MMI station rooms + 2 panel rooms.  Once you reach the panel station, you will enter either room A or room B.  Interviewees would alternate rooms so that the 20 minute panel is integrated into the circuit.  Thus, you could either start with the panel, finish with the panel, or have the panel mid-way through the 6 MMI stations.

This assumption is based on the information provided in the name tag legend at this site: https://sites.google.com/a/ualberta.ca/u-of-a-faculty-of-medicine-dentistry-interview-information/your-interview/interview-day-info.

That would make sense!

Archived