Premed 101 Forums

OOP Wait List Scores

OOP Wait List Scores  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What was your final decision score?

• 78+
    • 77-77.9
    • 76-76.9
    • 75-75.9
    • 74-74.9
    • 73-73.9
    • 72-72.9
    • 71-71.9
    • 70-70.9
    • 69-69.9
    • 60-69

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most schools allow the accepted applicants two weeks to make a decision, this date would be May 22nd. I'd assume / hope the list will start moving the week of May 28th. 

Last spring, some applicants were accepted off the OOP waitlist as late as June 5th 

6 hours ago, vancityguy said:

Just been curious since there's been a number of posts about people giving up their OOP seats for another school, but no one has posted about getting off the OOP WL yet...

Might just not be posting. Nibbler was accepted from OOP waitlist weeks ago 

6 hours ago, vancityguy said:

Just been curious since there's been a number of posts about people giving up their OOP seats for another school, but no one has posted about getting off the OOP WL yet...

Based on other years I think they wait and do a batch once the other schools deadline to accept has passed. This is the time when they have the most wait list movement so it makes sense for them to wait until people have made their final decisions. After the initial batch they probably start going on a rolling basis. I obviously don't know for sure but that seems to be the trend and is what other medical schools definitely do. 

30 minutes ago, torontoboy said:

I just turned down my offer for an ontario school so another spot (in Halifax campus) should open up soon. Wait list score was 74.74

Didn't realize the discrepancy between z-score and waitlist score was that big. I'm sitting at 75.66 and am still on the waitlist :eek:

ACCEPTED OFF THE OOP WAITLIST!!!! (Score 78.07)

Three MCAT attempts, two application cycles, a low GPA in my first two years, lots of hard work, a Masters degree and several tears later...so so honoured to receive this offer. For anyone still on the waitlist, I’m holding out hope for you. The wait is excruciating and I’m here to encourage you if I can in any way. 

16 minutes ago, medhopeful55 said:

ACCEPTED OFF THE OOP WAITLIST!!!! (Score 78.07)

Three MCAT attempts, two application cycles, a low GPA in my first two years, lots of hard work, a Masters degree and several tears later...so so honoured to receive this offer. For anyone still on the waitlist, I’m holding out hope for you. The wait is excruciating and I’m here to encourage you if I can in any way. 

Congratulations!!!! Well deserved :)

Archived