Premed 101 Forums

Decision day

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, clever_smart_boy_like_me said:

It's crazy how slow this period of time from interview to decision day is... :| even with finals looming, it's hard not to be distracted by the schrodinger's med-student feeling I've got going on.... 

Agreed. Slow and agonizing.

But at least I have Alberta’s results to look forward to in a couple days...I’m so nervous!!

14 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

Thank you!! I need it!! As the days get nearer, I’m getting more and more anxious!! OMGGGG!!

:D  :D  You've so got this!! 

Deeps breaths and distraction for the next while is all we can do. 

Also, you're getting married this year, yeah?! That's something to look forward to regardless of the med outcomes!  

I'm trying to focus beyond decision day - trying to plan our super small wedding in June-ish (you can see how organized I am since we don't have a date yet haha). 

36 minutes ago, Koopatroopa said:

:D  :D  You've so got this!! 

Deeps breaths and distraction for the next while is all we can do. 

Also, you're getting married this year, yeah?! That's something to look forward to regardless of the med outcomes!  

I'm trying to focus beyond decision day - trying to plan our super small wedding in June-ish (you can see how organized I am since we don't have a date yet haha). 

Thank you!! I’ve been doing a lot of outdoor activities and exercises to keep my mind off of it! But it’s so hard!

Lol I don’t got a date for my wedding either. Not even going to think about until after med results!! 

At least you know your’s is in June! That’s a great start :)!!

Best of luck to you too!!

On 4/22/2018 at 10:39 AM, Canadian_Med_Dream said:

Okay so I'm like slowly slipping into insanity. I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER. 

Only 18 days to go... I tend to do this thing where I think about something I remember doing that was about 18 days ago, and use that time period to gauge how quickly the next 18 days will fly by :P 

Almost there!!

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, SA2017 said:

Has anyone been waitlisted at UBC before? If I'm waitlisted, I'm wondering if admin will tell me what position I am and the stats of the people before me (eg # IP vs OOP). 

Admissions will likely not inform you what position you are on the wait-list, nor the geography of folks placed in front or behind your rank order. Based on the high uptake of offers from UBC, I don't believe they 'over offer' on decision day, like other schools (eg. UofC). For example, last year only 19 and 24 IP and OOPs, respectively, declined offers before the 288 seats were filled. 

1 hour ago, apple_med said:

Ermmmmm we can’t pay the $1000 deposit by credit card? 

I’ll be eternally happy to even have to pay it, but that’s a little odd! 

There’s a lot of things you can’t pay by credit card at ubc — it’s because of the service fees they have to pay on the money they collect. I believe they let you pay some things, like your tuition, on credit card now, but you have you to pay a fee of something like 1.5 or 2%

2 hours ago, clever_smart_boy_like_me said:

I am trying really hard to stay busy! But I can't stop thinking about it now... :o

Yup. It’s driving me nuts. 

2 hours ago, Canadian_Med_Dream said:

Just a week left! :eek: Who else is having trouble breathing? 

I’m gonna need chest compressions. 

Archived