Premed 101 Forums

Decision day

Oh mannnn, this day is coming up fast. I know there was a thread created for posting interview invites/rejections. I suppose we should use the thread at the top of the forum to post acceptances/waitlists/rejections instead of using this thread or creating a new one? 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, apple_med said:

Oh mannnn, this day is coming up fast. I know there was a thread created for posting interview invites/rejections. I suppose we should use the thread at the top of the forum to post acceptances/waitlists/rejections instead of using this thread or creating a new one? 

yeah that's the convention! :) I am crossing my fingers hard for an offer at UBC after being waitlisted at two schools in Ontario

13 minutes ago, Persephone said:

yeah that's the convention! :) I am crossing my fingers hard for an offer at UBC after being waitlisted at two schools in Ontario

Same here. UBC VFMP is my top choice and I really don’t want to move if I can help it. It’ll be so much less burden on my family. 

The waitlist movement is small at UBC so it’s kinda like a yes or no here, which makes me even more anxious. 

3C0BEB60-133A-49B5-8EB6-9A61B2C9A148.jpeg

Oh man I kinda didn't want this week to come. I've been here thrice before unfortunately to no good end, and still remember everyone of my rejection. I've been obsessing over my interview over the last three months (discussed this obsession with some of you too :)) , and the more I think the more I believe I should be prepared for a fourth rejection. I was happy after my interview this year because I did better than my last three attempts, but not that significantly better to make me confident of success. I should be extremely lucky to hit the waitlist with my 81% ^_^
Worst is i'll find it out the result while i'll be training new employees at work. 

2 minutes ago, Lothrandir said:

Oh man I kinda didn't want this week to come. I've been here thrice before unfortunately to no good end, and still remember everyone of my rejection. I've been obsessing over my interview over the last three months (discussed this obsession with some of you too :)) , and the more I think the more I believe I should be prepared for a fourth rejection. I was happy after my interview this year because I did better than my last three attempts, but not that significantly better to make me confident of success. I should be extremely lucky to hit the waitlist with my 81% ^_^
Worst is i'll find it out the result while i'll be training new employees at work. 

Wow, that is some determination! Have you applied anywhere else? 

Maybe this is year! Keep applying and you’ll get it eventually! 

1 hour ago, Lothrandir said:

I believe in you. I really hope we can be classmates in September. You are a true inspiration and I would love to meet you.

Is everyone anticipating the same structure as past years for offers? Rejections in the morning and offers in the afternoon?

Regardless of what happens on Friday, I think we can all be pretty freaking proud of the work that we've done to lead us to this point. Even to be given the chance to chase our dream is something not a lot of people get. Fingers crossed for all of you!

17 minutes ago, trnsatlnticism said:

Is everyone anticipating the same structure as past years for offers? Rejections in the morning and offers in the afternoon?

Regardless of what happens on Friday, I think we can all be pretty freaking proud of the work that we've done to lead us to this point. Even to be given the chance to chase our dream is something not a lot of people get. Fingers crossed for all of you!

I don’t anticipate them changing, but I guess we never know! If that’s how they send out emails, then I’ll be dreading my email inbox in the morning :unsure:

58 minutes ago, trnsatlnticism said:

Last year rejections were sent around 2:00. The year before it was around 10. So it's anyone's guess as to when we'll find out. I do think they'll stick to the same format (rejections, followed by waitlists followed by offers).

38 minutes ago, apple_med said:

Ok, this is starting to get real. Tomorrow is going to be tortorous. I’m very happy and humbled to have an acceptance to a school in the US, but I REALLY don’t want to leave BC or Canada!

I feel you. I’m in the same situation; have an acceptance in AB, but would love to stay close to home in BC. Good luck to both of us!!! *fingers crossed*

2 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

I’m feel you. I’m in the same situation; have an acceptance in AB, but would love to stay close to home in BC. Good luck to both of us!!! *fingers crossed*

Good luck! It is always nice to have a guaranteed spot in your back pocket at least :)

Good luck everyone!! I remember all 5 of my decision days- the first 4 were tears of sadness, rejection and disappointment, and finally last year, tears of joy. Whatever the result, you've come farther than you were last year. Feel free to PM for advice if the results aren't in your favour, I've been through the ups and downs so I'd be happy to help however I can. 

1 minute ago, golden retriever said:

Good luck everyone!! I remember all 5 of my decision days- the first 4 were tears of sadness, rejection and disappointment, and finally last year, tears of joy. Whatever the result, you've come farther than you were last year. Feel free to PM for advice if the results aren't in your favour, I've been through the ups and downs so I'd be happy to help however I can. 

Wow. 5 application cycles. That is the definition of persistence. An interview every time?! Congrats! What year are you in now? Was it all worth it?!

19 minutes ago, peanut.socks said:

data from previous years that i've gathered from creeping this thread (lol i couldn't help it):

2015: 9:49AM rejections, 11:02AM acceptances

2016: 11:33AM acceptances

2017: 1:56PM rejections, 3:39PM acceptances

this anxiousness is too much.. :wacko:

I agree. I can’t stop obsessing over tmr. Praying to all the gods above now!

Is UBC the only school you applied to?

Just now, peanut.socks said:

im currently waitlisted at queens! really hoping i can get an offer at UBC though, vancouver is a great city!

Agreed!!! I love living in Vancouver!

I also spent 4 years at Queen’s for my undergrad. It’s a lovely school and has a beautiful campus. The town is surely small, but the restaurants are stellar! 

Any distraction plans for the night?

1 minute ago, Butterfly_ said:

Agreed!!! I love living in Vancouver!

I also spent 4 years at Queen’s for my undergrad. It’s a lovely school and has a beautiful campus. The town is surely small, but the restaurants are stellar! 

Any distraction plans for the night?

the vibe and close-knit community at queens seems really nice! and i'm going to order takeout greek food and watch movies on netflix tonight lol :P what about you?

9 minutes ago, peanut.socks said:

the vibe and close-knit community at queens seems really nice! and i'm going to order takeout greek food and watch movies on netflix tonight lol :P what about you?

Omg, Greek takeout sounds amazing. I’m gonna head to the gym now, then eat dinner at home. If the weather holds up, I’ll take my dog for a run at the park. 

Then probably gonna drink and watch Netflix till I pass out. Lol!

Archived