Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to decisions [doomsday]

MD.VA

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dreamteam22 said:

Any thoughts on MDCM decisions being released this Thursday?

If they were to send decisions before the 26, I'd say it would be somewhere between Wednesday and Friday, but it will depend on when they send the invites for the Med-P interviews. 

9 minutes ago, YASMED said:

Guys... I can't take it anymore... whatever I do the MMI appears in front of my eyes... to be honest I have been checking Minerva since the day after my MMI... I know I am crazy :)))

I've blocked it all out with happy memories and laughs from a couple of the stations. As far as I'm conserned, I did the best I could and anytime that I messed up is stored all the way in the back of my head where I can't access it 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've checked Minerva twice just to make sure they didn't request me to reupload documents. Staying away from it for now LOL. I had enough the day the interview invites came out and I was refreshing into mid-afternoon.

20 minutes ago, MD.VA said:

I've blocked it all out with happy memories and laughs from a couple of the stations. As far as I'm conserned, I did the best I could and anytime that I messed up is stored all the way in the back of my head where I can't access it 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've checked Minerva twice just to make sure they didn't request me to reupload documents. Staying away from it for now LOL. I had enough the day the interview invites came out and I was refreshing into mid-afternoon.

I've been checking Minerva a couple of times for the same reasons. But every time I connect, I'm so afraid I'd click by mistake on the "cancel my application" button (yeah, I'd have to be really clumsy.... but you never know. Statistically speaking, staying away from Minerva lowers the chances it might happen :D )

1 minute ago, Elgar said:

I've been checking Minerva a couple of times for the same reasons. But every time I connect, I'm so afraid I'd click by mistake on the "cancel my application" button (yeah, I'd have to be really clumsy.... but you never know. Statistically speaking, staying away from Minerva lowers the chances it might happen :D )

Haha I HAVE clicked that button by accident. Don't worry, a confirmation window pops up. It doesn't just delete your ap automatically.

8 minutes ago, TOgirl said:

I feel like I'm going to puke everytime my internet takes a second to load the minerva page

I second that. One word changes everything. All that anticipation and hope can be destroyed in a split second. Although I don't know what the decision is, I find solace in trying to put things into perspective & feeling lucky to have gotten the chance to interview. We'll be back next year, stronger than this year if it comes to that. Until then, keep refreshing, and puking - I'll be doing the same. 

I agree! Though I don't know what the future holds for me, knowing that I received an interview this year really helps to put things into perspective for next year. If I don't get accepted, I intend to continue working on strengthening my application and seeing what could have been improved for the interview. I don't think there is any way to additionally 'prepare' for the interview but I have been reflecting on my responses to see what could be improved. It's still preliminary but having an action plan in place will make rejection easier. Though I continue to hope for the best!!!

So my Minerva decision status still reads "Further Review Required", but I think that this morning the girl at the top of the page winked at me, smiled, and whispered something (about being accepted???) before being hushed by the adcom. Is this a good sign? Well, it's definitely a sign of something, at any rate....... :rolleyes:

Archived