Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to decisions [doomsday]

MD.VA

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, verycaffeinated said:

They started sending out Med-P invite decisions today. It’s possible MDCM will have their decisions on Friday.

A little update on my comment. I’m a Med-P applicant and I checked my application at 10AM today and my status read “refused” meaning unfortunately, I didn’t get an invite. Thus, I thought they were sending out the interview invites. 

However, I just checked again and it no longer reads “refused”. The decision was changed to “Decision Release Date March 22”.

So now, I’m confused. Just thought I’d update it here so that the MDCM candidates are aware and aren’t too hopeful about decisions being released Friday. 

Apologies! 

32 minutes ago, verycaffeinated said:

A little update on my comment. I’m a Med-P applicant and I checked my application at 10AM today and my status read “refused” meaning unfortunately, I didn’t get an invite. Thus, I thought they were sending out the interview invites. 

However, I just checked again and it no longer reads “refused”. The decision was changed to “Decision Release Date March 22”.

So now, I’m confused. Just thought I’d update it here so that the MDCM candidates are aware and aren’t too hopeful about decisions being released Friday. 

Apologies! 

Thanks for the update! I hope you get better news than what you saw

3 minutes ago, cutesnowflake said:

My status also indicates "Decision Release Date : March 22nd" but an interview date appeared at the bottom of the page with other new outstanding items. This is a but confusing to say the least

Even though the status changed to "Decision Release Date: March 22nd", are the interview items still in your checklist? 

Also, question for previous applicants, has something like this ever happened before? (i.e. getting an answer and then having it changed back it something like "Decision Release Date: ...")

Good luck everyone! Bonne chance à tous et à toutes! 

I am in the international category! My chances here are slim (1-2 accepted per year), but I really liked the school when I attended the MMIs. :) Canadians are super welcoming and it would be really neat to study in Montreal for a few years.

7 minutes ago, kiterunner said:

Good luck everyone! Bonne chance à tous et à toutes! 

I am in the international category! My chances here are slim (1-2 accepted per year), but I really liked the school when I attended the MMIs. :) Canadians are super welcoming and it would be really neat to study in Montreal for a few years.

Best of luck! Montreal is beautiful and McGill is a phenomenal school! I really hope you get it :)

2 minutes ago, this_process_is_death said:

Best of luck! Montreal is beautiful and McGill is a phenomenal school! I really hope you get it :)

It really is! I am from the states, and we don't hear much about Canadian medical schools, but U of T, McGill and UBC. All three appear to be very top notch! And the lower tuition + the nice exchange rate don't hurt :) 

9 minutes ago, Eudaimonia said:

I know it's better to know but I couldn't handle a no :rolleyes:

I'm so excited and at the same time wishing to delay disturbing my dream hahaa

Haha I need to know ASAP because this answer determines if I'm moving out.... a 6 hour drive away from home. It's unbearable!

12 minutes ago, Arztin said:

Good luck everyone! I remember it was definitely a stressful period in time.

Regardless of the outcome, remember that you are still an awesome human being :)

Thank you. 

You have been a real great guide in this whole process, especially with you MMI Guide.

Here is to hoping for the best. 

Archived