Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to decisions [doomsday]

MD.VA

Just now, MedP111 said:

How confident are we that it will be on the 26th and not Tuesday or, God forbid, even later?

I believe someone called earlier in the thread and they confirmed they be out on the 26th.  If its indeed later, a trip to the SAQ in is order!

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladies and gentlemen, within 24 hours we will all know our fate: acceptance, rejection, or purgatory. Thanks to everyone that joined in for my memes and antics. I apologize if I induced anxiety for anyone over the last 3 weeks. I wish everyone the best of luck. Try to get some good sleep tonight (I know I won't). Please remember, even if you receive a rejection, you've made it to the interview which is a huge accomplishment in and of itself. Don't give up (I know I won't)! And lets all post our stats tomorrow for the future applicants to see.

I totally bombed 3 stations (compared to last year's 5) this year so I'm pretty sure I'm not getting in this year either, and even then I feel so nervous hoping for a miracle and afraid to open my rejection letter even though it'd be the second time.

I can't imagine how it must feel for those of you who did well on most stations! Good luck to you all and even if you don't get in, please don't think that it's the end of the world. 

9 minutes ago, ChosenDestiny said:

I totally bombed 3 stations (compared to last year's 5) this year so I'm pretty sure I'm not getting in this year either, and even then I feel so nervous hoping for a miracle and afraid to open my rejection letter even though it'd be the second time.

I can't imagine how it must feel for those of you who did well on most stations! Good luck to you all and even if you don't get in, please don't think that it's the end of the world. 

I feel you :( I'm fully convinced that I'm getting a rejection due to bombing 3 stations, yet I'm still crossing my fingers for a miracle. Very envious of those people who manage to boss their way through all 10 of these tough stations. Best of luck!

12 minutes ago, ChosenDestiny said:

In my experience, yes. Last year it was around 9-10 AM if I remember well.

last year, answers came out around 11 am, the year before that it was around 3-4pm.

im still debating on whether i'll wait for the email to be sent at night, or to check minerva for the answer

12 minutes ago, ChosenDestiny said:

1 minute ago, MedP111 said:

I feel you :( I'm fully convinced that I'm getting a rejection due to bombing 3 stations, yet I'm still crossing my fingers for a miracle. Very envious of those people who manage to boss their way through all 10 of these tough stations. Best of luck!

I know an individual last year who dropped the F-bomb during one of the stations out of sheer frustration. Yet they were accepted in the first round.  The point being, just because you felt/did something bad, it may not affect your overall score as much as you might think.  You should be proud of yourselves simply for making it to the interview, regardless of what happens tomorrow. Be proud no matter what happens tomorrow. 

Or just hit the local pub. 

20 minutes ago, ChosenDestiny said:

9 minutes ago, MedP111 said:

I'm pretty sure very few of us are thinking they did perfectly on all 10 stations! It's normal to feel like you could've done better in a couple situations. 7 minutes is really a short time to get your point across. The committee has that in mind when evaluating all of us. Don't count yourselves out just yet!

1 hour ago, ChosenDestiny said:

Maybe what u feel is not true! Maybe u think u bombed it but u dif really good. We don't know what they are measuring so don't lose hope:)

10 hours ago, this_process_is_death said:

In previous years it was in the afternoon (I assume after their lunch break). Either way, ya boi is hitting that F5 key like my life depends on it as of 9:00 am sharp.

I lived through a category 5 hurricane and its aftermath, but waiting for the results is more nerve-wracking!!

Archived