Premed 101 Forums

Non-maritimes waitlist

5 minutes ago, Xalumn16 said:

Wow. 62-78 all on the waitlist. I have never seen such variation in the non-maritime wait list. Mine was 72.5. I said this in the other thread and it may have been addressed but something is up this year.  

After seeing the variation, I change my initial position. I think something has changed this year 

Just now, medhopeful55 said:

Interesting: so a OOP applicant with a 65 on the other thread was rejected, and a 62 on this thread is one the wait list - does this make sense?

I read somewhere that you need to get a minimum of 24/40 to pass the interview.. so the person with 65 might have had a really good supplemental score but <24 interview

2 minutes ago, 2.gOoD said:

I read somewhere that you need to get a minimum of 24/40 to pass the interview.. so the person with 65 might have had a really good supplemental score but <24 interview

Thanks for this insight. Otherwise, there is no reason for a lower score to be accepted before a higher score off the wait list, correct? Is it as simple as just going down a list?

medhopeful55, from what I understand, it's not as easy as simply going down the list of scores. In addition to having certain cutoffs for the MMI, z-scores for each of categories are calculated from the scores given to us and these scores are them summed to give the overall ranking (this is gathered from previous threads). In most cases, this likely doesn't mean much and will not change anything but there could be a resulting disparity between our "scores" and our actual place on the waitlist. 

Archived