Premed 101 Forums

Potential Date for NB Acceptances

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah... will be interesting to see how this changes the Dal NB pool... Was doing some reading and it seems like many people may prefer MUN over Dal NB campus (live lecture, community feel, more hands-on opportunities, etc.). So will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Always.. good luck everyone! I have faith! :) 

I got into Dal and the closer it's gotten to the MUN decision date the more uncertain I've gotten about where I would pick if I get in to MUN. I just want the emails to come out so I can know!! What is everyone else thinking about Dal NB versus MUN?

Just now, zoe1178 said:

I got into Dal and the closer it's gotten to the MUN decision date the more uncertain I've gotten about where I would pick if I get in to MUN. I just want the emails to come out so I can know!! What is everyone else thinking about Dal NB versus MUN?

I wanted mun either way but i didnt get into dal so im going mun haha. But i have a lot of friends who are going dal over mun to stay close to home.

3 hours ago, ladadidoo said:

Haha thanks and best of luck for next year! I'm pretty bummed out, I really wanted to go to MUN... Any other schools you're still waiting to hear back from?

Unfortunately no i only applied to mun and dal and didnt make the mcat cut for dal. Probably will apply to more schools next year since this was only my first year applying. What about you?

3 hours ago, codo00191 said:

Unfortunately no i only applied to mun and dal and didnt make the mcat cut for dal. Probably will apply to more schools next year since this was only my first year applying. What about you?

Applied to Dal and had an interview, but got rejected, my MCAT scores just made the cutoff haha soo not really a surprise there. Also applied to Ottawa, no interview, and I'm waiting to hear back for interviews at Sherbrooke and Montréal... It's my 3rd time applying.:)

Just now, ladadidoo said:

Applied to Dal and had an interview, but got rejected, my MCAT scores just made the cutoff haha soo not really a surprise there. Also applied to Ottawa, no interview, and I'm waiting to hear back for interviews at Sherbrooke and Montréal... It's my 3rd time applying.:)

Do you think the MCATs are a big portion of admissions? Also just a general question but how important would research experience be? I have a few things in that category but not a lot. I plan on calling in may to set up an appointment go talk about my application but im trying to get an idea of where i can improve haha.

1 minute ago, codo00191 said:

Do you think the MCATs are a big portion of admissions? Also just a general question but how important would research experience be? I have a few things in that category but not a lot. I plan on calling in may to set up an appointment go talk about my application but im trying to get an idea of where i can improve haha.

Honestly I don't know, I'm planning to call them in May too :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived