Premed 101 Forums

U of A interview

Good morn, everyone.  Good luck to the interviewees today.  I found the MMI’s not too bad and the panel interview was great!  Who knows? Maybe I am totally off on my assessment.  Compared to the U of C interview, I definitely felt better after finishing yesterday.  Time will tell........

Im a fourth time applicant, and in my opinion this year's questions were a lot more straightforward and all around the most fair. This could be due to my experience with MMIs and interviews at this point, however.

Nothing you can do now: just celebrate that the looming dread of preparing for interviews has passed. :)

This was my first time interviewing anywhere and it was a little easier than what I had been anxiously anticipating in my mind haha but some of the questions were more challenging for me and those I'm feeling uncertain about. I found my panel interview went the best and the people I had were engaged in what I was saying at least so who knows if they were being polite or actually interested haha. 

Good luck to everyone! At least this part of the stressful process is over. 

21 hours ago, toomuchcoffee said:

my panel interviewers were like talking to a judgemental brick wall LOL. I tried my best with the hand i was dealt though

I felt the exact same way! Most people are saying their panels were their best stations. Anyone else had a panel that wasn’t engaging in conversation? 

1 hour ago, dendrites_098 said:

I felt the exact same way! Most people are saying their panels were their best stations. Anyone else had a panel that wasn’t engaging in conversation? 

I also felt like this haha, I got some emotion and laughs from them but I felt I was in a monologue most of the time, very different from my experience with UofC :(

I do agree that UofA was pretty striaghtfoward and perhaps even too standard. I loved the school spirit and the enthusiasm of the students! But honestly, I’m just praying anyone takes me haha. We can only wait now, good luck everyone!

Hello post-interview to everyone. :) I am not going to be checking or posting on these forums until Decision month! aka May!  I am taking this opportunity not to worry, make a Plan B and enjoy life.  I found the hardest part is waiting for the invite and then the next hardest is waiting for the decision.  We all know that will not be until May.  Everyone please do well on your exams and let the interview go.  I have been second guessing myself since.  Who knows?  We all gave it our best and now we have move forward and live our life.  Chat with you all come May!:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived