Premed 101 Forums

Hello all!

I'm in a bit of a bind. I was perusing the UWO admissions FAQ (for no purpose other than to distract myself) and noticed this fun little line:

"Please note, only one full or equivalent Pass/Fail credit will be permissible in each of the two years being considered for GPA."

I chose to Credit/no credit 1.5 credits (3 classes) last semester due to personal reasons. To make up for that I am taking 4.0 credits this semester. 

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so what did you do? I was planning to apply to Western next year using this year's GPA and now I'm freaking out.

TL;DR I fucked all the way up and CR/NCR 1.5 credits instead of the allowable 1.0. Is there anything I can do to remedy this???

This is something you would need to speak to Western about and possibly U of T to see if they can undo a CR/NCR for this purpose. If not, you might be out of luck because the onus should be on you to make sure you were taking the courses required for your own professional/graduate programs :/ But def talk to the schools, I dont think anyone on the forums may be able to offer better advice. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2018 at 6:15 PM, zaddy said:

Hello all!

I'm in a bit of a bind. I was perusing the UWO admissions FAQ (for no purpose other than to distract myself) and noticed this fun little line:

"Please note, only one full or equivalent Pass/Fail credit will be permissible in each of the two years being considered for GPA."

I chose to Credit/no credit 1.5 credits (3 classes) last semester due to personal reasons. To make up for that I am taking 4.0 credits this semester. 

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so what did you do? I was planning to apply to Western next year using this year's GPA and now I'm freaking out.

TL;DR I fucked all the way up and CR/NCR 1.5 credits instead of the allowable 1.0. Is there anything I can do to remedy this???

deep breaths :)

you will check with the office about this but historically because you are in fact taking at least 4.0 credits of normal courses this year (that is one huge course load for this semester?) you should be fine. You have to give them something to work with in order to compute a fair GPA and you would be in the same boat by the end as someone that did the standard 5.0 credits per year with 1.0 of them being CR/NCR. 

Archived