Premed 101 Forums

Post-interview feeling to result?

There are four different outcomes:

- People who did well and can accurately assess their performance.

- People who did well but are so nervous that all they do is focus on the negatives which leads them to believe the interview went terribly.

- People who did terribly and are able to accurately assess their performance.

- People who did terribly and are unable to realize that they did terribly.

Furthermore, the interview is about getting to know you as an applicant. An amazing applicant who has an off day might still interview better than a terrible applicant have the best day of his life. The first applicant will think that the interview went bad and the second will think it went amazing. At the end of the day, having been an interviewer, we know you are stressed and are understanding about this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 4:03 PM, Butterfly_ said:

I've heard that they don't correlate very well as it's difficult to judge our own performance objectively.
We are usually our harshest critics.

How do you think you did on the interview?

you know what we should do? from this year on people rate their post-interview feelings and then plot it against the outcome.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so an update. for me, the feelings from first 5 minutes after coming out of interviews were extremely accurate (5/5 schools predicted). But of course, after those initial 5 minutes, all went to hell and I thought I was stupid for each and every one of them, some more so than others, and those feelings were no where near correct.

Archived