Premed 101 Forums

McGill DMD 2018- Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOP Accepted!!

BUT I've already been accepted to U of T, which was my top choice school. So I'll be turning down McGill and a spot should open up on the OOP wait list.

People on the OOP wait list, you probably have a better chance of getting accepted than in previous years! U of T offers went out so early  (I actually got my offer right after I walked out of the McGill MMI), that I suspect quite a few Ontario students will reject their McGill offers since the deadline to pay the hefty U of T deposit has already passed!

27 minutes ago, emcat said:

I suspect quite a few Ontario students will reject their McGill offers since the deadline to pay the hefty U of T deposit has already passed!

Wasn’t UofTs deposit $2000? I can't imagine why someone who got into McGill (which has a tuition of only $20k a year) wouldn’t forfit a mere $2k if it means saving that much in tuition long term :/ 

OOP Accepted as well.

GPA: 3.95

DAT: AA23/RC21

I agree Emcat -- Anyone who received offers at either Western or UofT would/should most likely go there. I'm still not positive if I'll accept/reject McGill yet but an OOP may open up if I do. Being forced to learn/work in French is not super appealing to me and the class size is so small, I've heard that your exposure is much more limited compared to the larger schools.

Regardless, congratulations everyone!

FYI, i just called McGill and they said that decisions are being sent out in 3 batches: monday, tuesday and wednesday. So all of u who already heard back from them, ur very lucky. Some of us here are still waiting and will possibly have to wait til tomorrow :unsure:

32 minutes ago, Driillzz said:

FYI, i just called McGill and they said that decisions are being sent out in 3 batches: monday, tuesday and wednesday. So all of u who already heard back from them, ur very lucky. Some of us here are still waiting and will possibly have to wait til tomorrow :unsure:

thanks for calling! do you think they're going alphabetically?

22 minutes ago, 123DMD said:

thanks for calling! do you think they're going alphabetically?

i have no idea how they didivided up the applicants. i asked an accepted applicant wat letter their last name start with but they didnt answer...

but it is a possibility since my last name starts with a letter thats towards the end of the alphabet. U havent heard either have u? is ur last name also towards the end as well?

1 minute ago, Driillzz said:

i have no idea how they didivided up the applicants. i asked an accepted applicant wat letter their last name start with but they didnt answer...

but it is a possibility since my last name starts with a letter thats towards the end of the alphabet. U havent heard either have u? is ur last name also towards the end as well?

Okay..:/

My letter is near the middle! 

29 minutes ago, docdurrr said:

You know your ranking? Are you IP?

OOP , and yea it showed up on the checklist part after like 30 minutes.

20 minutes ago, dent2222 said:

Regardless of your position, I feel like you have a great shot if you're on the WL!! 

I would agree if it was under #9 lol. Guess we will see what happens i suppose. Thanks for the encouragment. 

8 minutes ago, ginster said:

Just called admissions. In regards to IP waitlist, target date to release ranks is this thursday but there is also a possibility that it slips to friday or even next week. 

How were you able to reach them? The number (admissions undergraduate program) i’ve been calling keeps going to voicemail

8 hours ago, ysoNaCly said:

Wasn’t UofTs deposit $2000? I can't imagine why someone who got into McGill (which has a tuition of only $20k a year) wouldn’t forfit a mere $2k if it means saving that much in tuition long term :/ 

I dropped a 5000 deposit to UofS for another school and a friend of mine dropped UBCs 12,000 for UWO. The reasons differ from person to person but tuition differences is a huge part of it and those who are looking to choose UofT over McGill may do so to be closer to family/significant others. 

Accepted/rejected/waitlisted: WL #7

cGPA: 3.95

sGPA: 4.0

ECs: research + honours (but no publications), shadowing, hospital volunteering, retail, tutoring, TAing, soccer/ basketball/swimming(but just for fun, not part of any association)

MMI: I really didn't know how I did in it sometimes ill tell myself I did good and sometimes ill tell myself omg I totally messed up when I recall things I said

IP/OOP: OOP

Year: 4 (undergrad)

Accepted/rejected/waitlisted: WL

cGPA: 3.90

sGPA: 4.0

EC: Intramurals, Research + Publications, Executive positions for clubs, Student association/student union representative

Interview (personal opinion): Completely bombed 1 station, felt bad about 3 ish, felt really good for 4

IP/OOP:IP

Year-of-study: 4th year of undergrad

•  

Archived