Premed 101 Forums

2018 Waitlist Discussions

cardiomed

I am number 25 and I feel weird... i feel that i both can get in and not get in this year. It is so stressful. Do you guys think that I have a chance to be called?:confused::unsure:

And also I have a question: how are they going to notify you when u get in from the waitlist. Like do they call u pr update your minerva? And will they update the website after they call u?

thank u

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, YASMED said:

I am number 25 and I feel weird... i feel that i both can get in and not get in this year. It is so stressful. Do you guys think that I have a chance to be called?:confused::unsure:

And also I have a question: how are they going to notify you when u get in from the waitlist. Like do they call u pr update your minerva? And will they update the website after they call u?

thank u

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you got in! Be prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.

They don't directly notify you the moment you get in off the waitlist. Once you check your Minerva, you'll see your status change. Just check the waitlist page on the McGill website periodically.

8 minutes ago, Soon2BeMD said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you got in! Be prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.

They don't directly notify you the moment you get in off the waitlist. Once you check your Minerva, you'll see your status change. Just check the waitlist page on the McGill website periodically.

Thank you very much. So the Minerva status and the website kinda update simultaneously.

1 hour ago, YASMED said:

thank u

My gut feeling is that you will 100% get in since I am sure at least 2 people will give up their spot.
It must be exhausting to be waiting since November.
Applying, interview release, post-interview wait, waitlist, etc.

A lot of people are waitlisted elsewhere and when they do get in, they will give their spots.
Some accepted IPs in Québec are waitlisted elsewhere (Canada/US) and they may drop McGill if they get an offer.
Also, the deadline for deferrals is July 1st 2018.

Based on previous years, movement continues for about 5-10 spots between June 1st and the last day of school.

My advice :
1 - Get ready for the worst but ...
2 - Start your immunization
3 - Prepare your official transcripts 
4 - Hope for the best.

Good luck! :)

1 hour ago, HoopDreams said:

My gut feeling is that you will 100% get in since I am sure at least 2 people will give up their spot.
It must be exhausting to be waiting since November.
Applying, interview release, post-interview wait, waitlist, etc.

A lot of people are waitlisted elsewhere and when they do get in, they will give their spots.
Some accepted IPs in Québec are waitlisted elsewhere (Canada/US) and they may drop McGill if they get an offer.
Also, the deadline for deferrals is July 1st 2018.

Based on previous years, movement continues for about 5-10 spots between June 1st and the last day of school.

My advice :
1 - Get ready for the worst but ...
2 - Start your immunization
3 - Prepare your official transcripts 
4 - Hope for the best.

Good luck! :)

Thank you very much! I really hope your gut feeling is right:wub:

18 minutes ago, SpeedyPotato said:

I think you're pretty sure to get in too, June 15th should be the biggest date in your calendar :) good luck! Hopefully we're colleagues come September :)

thank you! i really need this support.:wub:

11 minutes ago, kiterunner said:

Did anyone get any information on how to register for courses on Monday?

Still no info which should appear on this page https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/newstudents/registration-orientation

Registration shouldn't be like undergrad where you're trying to secure spots for your preferred courses and dealing with system crashes right? 

There's a two part email that explains the registration process. So far, I've received the first email that describes the basics such as key dates to keep in mind and how to access Minerva. The second email should probably be sent out by the end of the week.  Just confused: I didn't know we had to register for courses. I thought it's like high school where everyone is in the same class.

8 minutes ago, Neji3 said:

There's a two part email that explains the registration process. So far, I've received the first email that describes the basics such as key dates to keep in mind and how to access Minerva. The second email should probably be sent out by the end of the week.  Just confused: I didn't know we had to register for courses. I thought it's like high school where everyone is in the same class.

Those emails were for newly admitted undergrads to McGill right? I'm waiting on more specific details regarding the course codes we need etc. We will all be in the same class and have the same registration codes (maybe not for small groups) but we still have to register for them. Some schools do it automatically for you haha

38 minutes ago, Neji3 said:

Oh I see! Well now I'm just as confused then! Guess we just have to wait and see. I wish they'd do it automatically! 

I anticipate it's the same process as described in those emails, which is similar to that at any university. The site is just going to be helpful by providing the exact codes we need. I don't even think there's any rush to register next week (since spots are restricted) as long as you do so by the August deadline

Archived