Premed 101 Forums

2018 Waitlist Discussions

cardiomed

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Vendar said:

Maybe!!!! @YASMED I am not sure if the spot moved because of my friend or not. His decline was confirmed late morning!

Rooting for you

well I kinda hope it is not ur friend's request then. hahahaaa. 

Thanks anyway. Now i just need one more person to go.:)

1 hour ago, YASMED said:

well I kinda hope it is not ur friend's request then. hahahaaa. 

Thanks anyway. Now i just need one more person to go.:)

I really hope this works out for you! Just pointing out you need two more people to go to get in, since 24 is the next potential offer and you are 25.

GOOD LUCK!

7 minutes ago, YLA007 said:

Sorry. But it does look super hopeful, so I wish you to hear good news soon!

thanks for letting me know. but anyway i am still hopeful because i need only two more people to go. it is not that bad.

29 minutes ago, lmck said:

Tbh, it moved quite a bit for the last few days. People do not necessarily wait till the very last day (June 15) to decline their offer in order to get their deposit back. 

You should expect some movements leading up to July 1 when the deferral deadline is up.

Do think there would be some movements till July first? And also is there any hope for movements after July first? Being in waitlist position no two is killing me:(

Just now, YASMED said:

Do think there would be some movements till July first? And also is there any hope for movements after July first? Being in waitlist position no two is killing me:(

Historically, it usually moves a bit after July 1st. I did think it'd move a bit more before today and it still might tomorrow! I know this must be terrible for you right now, but keep hoping!

1 minute ago, jtown said:

I thought the wait-list for IP would move a bit by now. However, every list is moving but IP. Anyone, have an idea why? Or, when you might think it'll move?

I really don't know! I am waiting impatiently:( checking every day! I think it should move by first of July. Are u also in the waitlist? 

Also i have heard that sometimes in August the admission office asks the government for more seats. If the permission is granted waitlist moves up again in the August. 

7 minutes ago, YASMED said:

I really don't know! I am waiting impatiently:( checking every day! I think it should move by first of July. Are u also in the waitlist? 

Also i have heard that sometimes in August the admission office asks the government for more seats. If the permission is granted waitlist moves up again in the August. 

Yes, I am waitlisted as well- I am 28 :(  I am hoping at least 5 more people are called up from the waitlist. 

Regarding August- do they ask every year? What is the probability of their request getting accepted? Also, where did you get this info from?

Just now, jtown said:

Yes, I am waitlisted as well- I am 28 :(  I hoping atleast 5 more people are called up. 

Regarding August- do they ask every year? What are the probability of their request getting accepted? Also, where did you get this info from?

My friend's familly friend is in admission office this person told us this. And i am not sure if they do it every year. He also told us to keep our hopes really high till the end of July. He said according to his experience and previous year patterns there are movements till July 31. 

We can only be hopeful... I know it is hard.I had a dream that the next potential offer was number 29! I wish this dream comes true! It will be great for both of us:)

13 minutes ago, YASMED said:

My friend's familly friend is in admission office this person told us this. And i am not sure if they do it every year. He also told us to keep our hopes really high till the end of July. He said according to his experience and previous year patterns there are movements till July 31. 

We can only be hopeful... I know it is hard.I had a dream that the next potential offer was number 29! I wish this dream comes true! It will be great for both of us:)

Ok, that is really assuring to hear. I really hope your dream comes true as well *fingers crossed*. 

Archived