Premed 101 Forums

Income taxes

U of T issues T2200s for the following expenses: cell phone, car/mileage, CPSO fees, and CMPA fees.

I claim CPSO and CMPA.  I don't drive (if you do, there are pretty specific rules about what you can and can't deduct in terms of mileage).  I do have a cell phone, but since you can only deduct the portion of the expenses that you use for work related calls, it's not really worth it for me to deal with that IMO.  So for me I just claim CMPA and CPSO.

On 4/1/2018 at 9:30 AM, ellorie said:

U of T issues T2200s for the following expenses: cell phone, car/mileage, CPSO fees, and CMPA fees.

I claim CPSO and CMPA.  I don't drive (if you do, there are pretty specific rules about what you can and can't deduct in terms of mileage).  I do have a cell phone, but since you can only deduct the portion of the expenses that you use for work related calls, it's not really worth it for me to deal with that IMO.  So for me I just claim CMPA and CPSO.

And only claim the portion of the CMPA which isn't reimbursed by the government.

We could get a professional accountant to do our residency taxes for free, just email your local MD financials representative (downside is that you have to be a OMA & CMA Member)

I got mine done by MD financials recommended accountant, very keen + professional! Would definitely recommend and saves us 100-200$ for LMCC part II lol! 

Archived