Premed 101 Forums

Applying to 5/6 Year Ireland Medical Schools

I have been researching applying to Ireland medical schools for their 5/6 year programs such as RCSI and NUIG. Having completed high school in 2016 and not attending university or college I believe they would still accept me as an applicant based on my high school marks? I attended a institution and received my paramedic certificate and have been working but other than that nothing else. Looking back on their requirements I would have to upgrade a couple of my classes and apply based on them. Does anyone know if what I have completed will interfere with my application? Also will they take upgraded marks? 

- Thanks!

2 hours ago, BarbellsAndBicarb said:

I have been researching applying to Ireland medical schools for their 5/6 year programs such as RCSI and NUIG. Having completed high school in 2016 and not attending university or college I believe they would still accept me as an applicant based on my high school marks? I attended a institution and received my paramedic certificate and have been working but other than that nothing else. Looking back on their requirements I would have to upgrade a couple of my classes and apply based on them. Does anyone know if what I have completed will interfere with my application? Also will they take upgraded marks? 

- Thanks!

They will take you based on high school marks. It isn't unusual for people to take a gap year in Europe. I have no clue if they will take upgraded marks, for that you should just ask the Atlantic Bridge.  

Archived