Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

U of T Bloomberg Nursing


PD23
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I'm in sort of a predicament and looking to get some opinions. I applied to U of T Bloomberg's accelerated 2 year RN program. I recently heard back and was accepted! However, the deadline to respond is April 27th which is ONE WEEK before I hear back from my medical school interviews. I emailed the faculty asking if I could get an extension but they unfortunately refused me. The only way to reserve my spot is to simply accept the current offer with a security deposit of $500 and back out later on if I get accepted to med. Should I just accept the L and pay the $500 or just test my luck with the 3 interviews?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Eudaimonia said:

Have you asked if the deposit is refundable? 

If not you know your options. Pay the deposit for a backup in case you don't get good news a week later, or save $500 if you feel you have a good chance at a med school. Is nursing your definite plan B? Is $500 worth securing/losing that plan B?

The deposit is unfortunately not refundable. To be honest, I applied before receiving any interviews because I wasn't even sure I would get any. Nursing was definitely a plan B and I heard only good things about UofT's program. I was surprised to hear back so early because friends of mine in past years got their acceptances in June. Hearing from them in early April definitely caught me off guard. If I decline, working at the hospital for one more year is another option. They said I could email them again after May 8th but at that point, a spot would not be guaranteed. I'm so torn because I feel like losing the $500 is more likely than not. I don't want to sound overly confident but I honestly prepared a lot for the interviews and feel great about them. But then again, you hear of so many stories of people not being accurate evaluators of themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dropping that 500 takes care of all that uncertainty, with your hospital position too. How would you feel if May 8th comes and you had rejections without nursing to go to? What if you had waitlists and then you still have to put off notifying the hospital that you will continue? I would do the deposit, unless you have some financial reason preventing you from doing that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I have also applied to the RN program at UofT but have yet to hear back. I was wondering if you knew the competitive average for the program or if you would mind sharing your GPA used for calculation for admission? Also, what types of extracurriculars you are involved in as I know that is an important part of the application

 

thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...