Premed 101 Forums

UWO schulich dentistry 2018 accepted/rejected/waitlist

2 hours ago, Incisor94 said:

I live at bayfield and the building is not the best (some people in our class have been dealing with insect problems) but the convienance to walk to class in 5 min makes me stay here! When you have class from 830-530 and get breaks in between for 1.5 hours, it’s nice to go home and nap!  Be aware that these units go quickly once med acceptances come out so if you want to get a unit, apply soon!

What kind of insect problems? Like bed bugs or....bit of a clean freak here

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, lemon_tree said:

Not really bed bugs but cockroaches have been a big issue here. Lighting is also an issue, the apartment isn't very well lit and looks old from the inside. Some units have been renovated but they've been mostly taken for the following year. There are better places to live off campus and for cheaper but nothing will beat the 5 minute walk (you will appreciate it if you choose to stay here!)

15 hours ago, lemon_tree said:

I would look into Luxe apartments, more expensive but waay nicer than anything else you will find at a 5 min walk to campus. If anyone has any questions about London or what campus is like feel free to pm me. 

edit: Luxe is very popular though so it might be too late to find a suite. 

Accepted!

GPA: 4.20

DAT (AA/RC/PAT): 24/26/22

Interview performance (personal opinion): I slept in and showed up late :'). I was only in there for 10 minutes too so i thought i goofed.

ABS: i counted some fruitflies in undergrad, was a part time hip hop artist and ghost writer and had plenty of shadowing at the naturopath's office.

IP/OOP: IP

Year: 6th year undergrad

So excited to be a part of the Law Class of 2022!!!

26 minutes ago, winner1 said:

Does anyone know how many people have gotten off the waitlist ? Has someone called and asked the Admissions about that so far ? 

I called to ask last week but they won't release any information about waitlist other than that email where they tell you high/normal/low waitlist. only thing they said was that they only make calls during office hours (830 - 430, M-F).

1 hour ago, krownxo said:

I feel you :( honestly they need to tell us how many spots have moved and keep us updated... we're already anxious enough not knowing our WL number 

guess we just gotta keep our fingers crossed :( so far I believe we've heard of three spots - two (?) have moved off the waitlist and one is declining soon (off of the UofT/UWO waitlist forum)

1 hour ago, bardownbingo said:

Is it weird for the waitlist to have moved only 2 or 3 spots by now? Can any dental students comment on when waitlist movement happened in the year that they applied? Was it this slow for you guys too or was there more movement by now?

the early UofT offers resulted in some candidates cancelling their interviews at Schulich (i.e. the candidates that got UofT offers), meaning there is a stronger likelihood that there is less waitlist movement this year because there could be fewer candidates declining Schulich for UofT dental (since some of those accepted at UofT already cancelled their Schulich interview). 

hopefully the schulich administration factored that into consideration for their HWL...

1 hour ago, bardownbingo said:

Is it weird for the waitlist to have moved only 2 or 3 spots by now? Can any dental students comment on when waitlist movement happened in the year that they applied? Was it this slow for you guys too or was there more movement by now?

I think the deposit is due June 1st so I would expect some movement after that. Last year, it moved 3 spots after the deposit deadline and I got in during that time! Although, it does tend to get slow after that. 

Archived