Premed 101 Forums

UofA Areas to Live

• 2 weeks later...

(I'm not sure if this is the right place...)

Hi!  Ophthalmology resident looking to sell condo to incoming Medical students/residents. We are moving into a new house because of a new addition to our family!

Amazing building with many residents and staff occupying units. Walking distance to Jasper ave, and located in the heart of the brewery district. Minutes from both U of A and RAH hospitals. Approximately 1100 square feet, corner unit, 2 bedroom +den. Unit includes, 2 bathrooms, office/den space, in-suite laundry, underground heated parking, fitness room. 

Message for more details.

cbebfa31-15bd-475d-912b-0ee88e833751.jpg

c79ee49c-a113-4383-8127-d33005c8fead.jpg

5d30b0bf-6e2d-4a64-b1e2-74a6668df241.jpg

Many meds live in Windsor Park Plaza which is super nice, super close to UAH but very expensive. Concord tower is right across the street from windsor park plaza and is much less expensive. Campus housing: Newton Place houses many graduate students and families, right across from UAH. As well many live in the condo complexes by the UAH (garneu mews, university place, the place on 111th and 84ave that I can't figure out the name of) as well as on saskatchewan drive east of 109 St. Galen lofts is a good option if you are not opposed to loft style-housing. 

Lots of good places around it just depends on your price point especially if you have a vehicle and need to pay for parking. Concord tower is a good compromise of space, price and location, in my opinion, although it lacks some things like balconies (but is across from 2 parks), underground parking (but it does have parking) and a few of the fancier options like a pool etc. (but who has the time haha). 

You can also look along the LRT around southgate and century park. Downtown is also an option to be along the LRT line although it may be more expensive. I am not familiar with living north of downtown so I can't advise you on that. 

I've heard mixed reviews about Garneu Towers, the price point is good though. 

Archived