Premed 101 Forums

UofT/UWO Waitlist movement

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is one's prediction of the waiting list moving after July? I'm in a master thesis program (defending June 20th) and am finishing a physiology course before the end of July. I'm on the waitlist and it's my letter just says waitlist and I have to complete those two things before June 30th. Also anyone else in this position? (Western)

28 minutes ago, gambsauce said:

What is one's prediction of the waiting list moving after July? I'm in a master thesis program (defending June 20th) and am finishing a physiology course before the end of July. I'm on the waitlist and it's my letter just says waitlist and I have to complete those two things before June 30th. Also anyone else in this position? (Western)

Did you email Admissions asking about your chances of receiving an offer (HWL, NWL, LWL)?

51 minutes ago, gambsauce said:

They indicated they couldn't say. Anyone know what the tuition is due?

That means your normal waitlist and from the looks of it, your chances are extremely slim as HWL hasn’t even cleared. Tuition should be due sometime in the first week of August

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! 

I am currently normal waitlisted at UWO. I just got an email telling me to complete my police record check before July 3. I dont think that was on the official waitlist letter. I just learned about this requirement now... did other UWO waitlisters get an email to do their police record check as well??

2 hours ago, dentistry said:

Hey Everyone! 

I am currently normal waitlisted at UWO. I just got an email telling me to complete my police record check before July 3. I dont think that was on the official waitlist letter. I just learned about this requirement now... did other UWO waitlisters get an email to do their police record check as well??

I got the same email and am on the waitlist. I'm pretty positive this was not mentioned. Anyone know if it has to be from Ontario or can be from somewhere else? 

Got the same email. It appears on the schulich website they have post admission document deadlines: one is the police check self declaration due on July 3 (official police check due august 1) and the other is the official transcript due on June 30 (yikes!) I had no idea. The rest due in October 

On 6/25/2018 at 9:23 PM, Studyinghurts said:

Got the same email. It appears on the schulich website they have post admission document deadlines: one is the police check self declaration due on July 3 (official police check due august 1) and the other is the official transcript due on June 30 (yikes!) I had no idea. The rest due in October 

When I got my waitlist letter it said that since i was on waitlist and still in consideration for Schulich I still had to complete all the outstanding  requirements (ie police check, and as a thesis graduate student, I had to defend by June 30). I think this is what they're referring to.

17 hours ago, member 12345679 said:

Does anyone think the waiting list may move this week because most documents were due last Friday? 

Was also hoping for this well but have not heard anything. Does anyone know of anyone on the HWL at Schulich that has been contacted over the last week? 

Question,  my original waitlist letter sounded like I was on the normal waiting list, but when I asked in July the wording sounded like the high waiting list? Can you move to HWL, or is it only the first 20 people and doesn't change? 
Fingers crossed it'll move in August (last year looks like roughly 8 people got off the waitlist after first installment of tuition was due) 

Archived