Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread - 2018

10 minutes ago, Monocyte said:

Historically, from what I have read in the waitlist threads from 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, not that I was obsessed with finding out this info, acceptances are generally not sent to everyone who are on the 'good waitlist' in all streams. There was one instance in which someone said their friend was called off the bad waitlist in the French stream, but a commenter said they were good waitlisted on the French stream and they weren't called (a troll on a public forum? how unheard of!).  

To be honest, getting waitlisted was a struggle to accept at first, considering this was the only school at which I interviewed. However, I've treated it as a rejection, and have begun MCAT studying. Who's with me on this? 

Wow that is quite some dedicated digging! 

For morale, a waitlist is an acceptance, only it is conditional on someone else declining their offer. But for practical purposes, I agree it is better to treat it as a rejection and move on. Good luck on your MCAT studying and waitlist movement!

10 hours ago, Monocyte said:

Historically, from what I have read in the waitlist threads from 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, not that I was obsessed with finding out this info, acceptances are generally not sent to everyone who are on the 'good waitlist' in all streams. There was one instance in which someone said their friend was called off the bad waitlist in the French stream, but a commenter said they were good waitlisted on the French stream and they weren't called (a troll on a public forum? how unheard of!).  

To be honest, getting waitlisted was a struggle to accept at first, considering this was the only school at which I interviewed. However, I've treated it as a rejection, and have begun MCAT studying. Who's with me on this? 

Me! I'm currently studying for the MCAT too, while retaking a prereq course (summer classes are boring, but at least I get to do it from home lol).

23 minutes ago, karl heider said:

i just called, they don't answer phone calls for now. but i suspect they will start calling thursday for english stream, and friday for french

When I emailed Chantal last year she said the waitlist offers would start the day after the deadline to accept/decline offers received on May 9th, so the 24th (8th and 23rd for this year).

Can someone confirm with me that if you’re out of town, they’ll email you?

HI M_jacob_45: did you get off the waitlist this year for Ottawa? What was your time stamp?

If anyone is wondering, my time stamp was 7:46 and I'm on the waitlist for the English stream.

1 hour ago, OliverF said:

Has the calling started yet? When should we expect them to finish calling everyone for this first waitlist round?

i think they call like 10 people a day or something, I think that's what someone wrote before, but I can't remember

Hello everyone. So I was waitlisted as well.. 

applied to the MSc Nursing program at uOttawa for the fall semester. BScN at uOttawa as well. When I called the admissions department they were unable to provide much details about the waitlist since they didn’t know too much about it. Anyone else in the same situation?

Just now, Catlady987 said:

Hello everyone. So I was waitlisted as well.. 

applied to the MSc Nursing program at uOttawa for the fall semester. BScN at uOttawa as well. When I called the admissions department they were unable to provide much details about the waitlist since they didn’t know too much about it. Anyone else in the same situation?

Were they able to provide you with any information? What did you ask about?

4 minutes ago, MarkAdams said:

Were they able to provide you with any information? What did you ask about?

Nothing helpful. I asked about the chances, when the waitlist will start moving, when it ends but they provided very limited information. I was wondering if I should just think of this as a rejection since it’s suvh a competitive program

Just now, Catlady987 said:

Nothing helpful. I asked about the chances, when the waitlist will start moving, when it ends but they provided very limited information. I was wondering if I should just think of this as a rejection since it’s suvh a competitive program

Did they say the phone calls would start today?