Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread - 2018

According to previous years, does anyone know when the "7:46" people got an email of acceptance? I know someone earlier mentioned that not everyone in the 7:46 list got in, but just wondering when did they get emails if any? Eg. Was it in the first week of June? 

PS: 

My GPA is 3.97 and my time stamp is -> 7:46:04

26 minutes ago, Rabeprazole said:

You're saying that you can be identified from the admin end right, not students? 

Yes, that's what I mean. 

21 minutes ago, His_Love said:

You could, I guess. But I don't see the repercussions for doing so. Unless you have said some flagrant comments somewhere else ... then they'll be able to trace who you are. 

Precisely. I've said some 'negative' comments about this being such a looooong process.

I really don’t think the Facebook group is a good proxy for the actual class. I still think there are a fair number of spots left to go judging by previous years. 

I think that we may even see more WL movement this year because Ottawa is releasing WL offers relatively late compared to other schools (so people on ottawa’s WL will be picked up by other schools). Additionally, lower GPA’s were interviewed this year so I’m thinking they might be able to pick up lower GPA’s than previous years in the second bracket of the good WL.

Im not saying chances are great, but I’m still saying there is hope.

1 hour ago, Monocyte said:

I recall someone saying they took stricter measures on the Facebook group this year to reduce the amount of upper year students so it’s more accurate. 

That being said, I still hope all of us receive a call lol..............pls Chantal

my friend who got accepted to ottawa (and refused the offer) is still in the facebook group so its not a very accurate tool to predict how many people are already in the class MD2022

It just makes no sense how not even one offer was posted here. There is bound to be SOME movement at least. It’s very unlikely that all the seats are taken. Besides that, the class-is-full email hasn’t been sent out.

if someone could be a hero and call them tomorrow and see what’s going on (whether they’re done with the bulk of the waitlist and class is nearly full or not) it would be a huge favour 

12 minutes ago, FatherFranklin said:

It just makes no sense how not even one offer was posted here. There is bound to be SOME movement at least. It’s very unlikely that all the seats are taken. Besides that, the class-is-full email hasn’t been sent out.

if someone could be a hero and call them tomorrow and see what’s going on (whether they’re done with the bulk of the waitlist and class is nearly full or not) it would be a huge favour 

why don't you call them? no one wants to be put on the spot

On 6/6/2018 at 8:45 PM, whyudodistome said:

why don't you call them? no one wants to be put on the spot

I just called their office. I believe it was Diane who picked up. 

She said the class is not full and they still have a number of calls to make next week as Chantal is STILL away. She said Chantal should be back on Tuesday and that’s when we can expect the calls to be made.