Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party

Good luck to everyone here. If youve gotten a med school interview, it means you are meant to be doctors.

19 minutes ago, premed647 said:

This is something I'm currently in the process of deciding. As soon as I decide, I will let this thread know. Regardless, I will have to make a decision by this Monday.

McMaster is an amazing school and is truly worth hanging onto. Ive got many friends in that program, and they are all so thrilled they picked McMaster. Mac has a lot of strong areas in both the clinical and research fields. All my friends at the program that I have spoken to have described the program as very stress-free and they found it quite enjoyable. Hamilton is a growing and thriving city with lots of things to do, lots of entertainment around, pretty close to Toronto, and with lots of good food and beautiful waterfalls and hikes. Its a great way to destress. And there is a true sense of community in hamilton if you wish to get involved. Let me know if you wanna know more about Mac

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, premed647 said:

This is something I'm currently in the process of deciding. As soon as I decide, I will let this thread know. Regardless, I will have to make a decision by this Monday.

Thanks for keeping the squad updated, have a pleasant long weekend!

24 minutes ago, 0987654321 said:

I just received an offer to NRC off the waitlist so it looks like there is some movement starting! Good luck everyone!

I also got an offer to NRC off of the waitlist at 4:44 pm - I'll be accepting this offer.

Good luck to all still on the list :)

25 minutes ago, Persephone said:

Accepted off the waitlist to Hamilton campus (timestamp 12:53pm EST) !!! This was tied for top choice of schools I interviewed at, really feeling lucky right now!

Congratulations, I've been rooting for you!! And yes, partially because of me being waitlisted but mostly because you are an awesome candidate :P

1 hour ago, RaiderMSc said:

Congratulations, I've been rooting for you!! And yes, partially because of me being waitlisted but mostly because you are an awesome candidate :P

1 hour ago, chiynadoll said:

Congrats!!! I’ve been rooting for you! 

Wow, thanks so much, this is really lovely. Rooting for you both as well!

4 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

So which school are you going to choose??

I am definitely declining my offer to Queen's (sorry, I know you're wait-listed to Mac). But the deadline to accept McMaster is after the first wave of waitlist offers at UBC so I will be waiting for that first to accept my Mac offer.  Depending on whether or not I get off the UBC waitlist and then further dependent on the campus if I get off (basically my top choices are a tie between IMP at UBC and Hamilton at McMaster) then I will make a final decision. So right now it's most likely I accept McMaster's offer, but it's still up in the air for now.

3 minutes ago, Persephone said:

I am definitely declining my offer to Queen's (sorry, I know you're wait-listed to Mac). But the deadline to accept McMaster is after the first wave of waitlist offers at UBC so I will be waiting for that first to accept my Mac offer.  Depending on whether or not I get off the UBC waitlist and then further dependent on the campus if I get off (basically my top choices are a tie between IMP at UBC and Hamilton at McMaster) then I will make a final decision. So right now it's most likely I accept McMaster's offer, but it's still up in the air for now.

Makes sense!! Best of luck for UBC! And lol, don’t be sorry!  At least I still got U of A in my pocket! Though I would prefer a 3 year program to a 4 year program. Seems like there’s going to be a lot of movement this and next week, so I’m crossing my fingers!! 

Archived