Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party

1 minute ago, Butterfly_ said:

OMG, I can’t believe this. I’m gonna cry.

I just got an offer for the Hamilton Campus today. Time stamp: 11:02am PST.

What should I do. Alberta or McMaster?

Post interviews, I had preferred McMaster over Alberta. After waiting for so long, I had expected a rejection from McMaster and started preparing my move for Edmonton. 

Now I’m completely torn.

They are both such amazing schools with great programs.

Ah congrats!!! Come hang out at Mac! :D I am biased, but 3 years is so appealing, especially if you're a late 20's student like me.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

Thank you Distancea for believing in me when I myself gave up hope. 

Sometimes it's easier on yourself emotionally to do so, it's understandable. These things are completely unpredictable for all of us outside of the admissions committee. I'm glad it worked out, hope to see you in Hamilton at the end of August!

10 minutes ago, Persephone said:

Ah congrats!!! Come hang out at Mac! :D I am biased, but 3 years is so appealing, especially if you're a late 20's student like me.

Haha I know eh! The 3 years will work so much better for for my family. Are you at the Hamilton campus too?

1 minute ago, Persephone said:

Sometimes it's easier on yourself emotionally to do so, it's understandable. These things are completely unpredictable for all of us outside of the admissions committee. I'm glad it worked out, hope to see you in Hamilton at the end of August!

Lol sorry ignore my last question!

I’ll give myself 24 hours to think this over. But I think I’m definitely leaning towards Mac!!

It’ll be awesome to see you in Hamilton!

1 minute ago, Butterfly_ said:

Haha I know eh! The 3 years will work so much better for for my family. Are you at the Hamilton campus too?

I am at Hamilton yeah! :) My partner will be coming out east from BC with me. We're both super excited. It means being able to start a family sooner for us, and also get a dog (renting in BC with a pet is so challenging, something that's not really a problem in Ontario).

5 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

Lol sorry ignore my last question!

I’ll give myself 24 hours to think this over. But I think I’m definitely leaning towards Mac!!

It’ll be awesome to see you in Hamilton!

Yeah sleep on it! Weigh the pros and cons but also don't ignore your gut either! Yeah premed forum meetup in Hamilton!

Yes, completely agree! 

My fiancé and my dog will be moving with me as well. I’ve been having a hard time finding dog friendly places in Edmonton! Perhaps it’s just meant to be!! 

11 minutes ago, Persephone said:

I am at Hamilton yeah! :) My partner will be coming out east from BC with me. We're both super excited. It means being able to start a family sooner for us, and also get a dog (renting in BC with a pet is so challenging, something that's not really a problem in Ontario).

11 minutes ago, Persephone said:

Yeah sleep on it! Weigh the pros and cons but also don't ignore your gut either! Yeah premed forum meetup in Hamilton!

10 minutes ago, Distancea said:

Haha, no worries. The waitlist life is tough especially towards the end. But you worked hard and it paid off. 

Thank you guys. Wouldn’t have kept sane without your support <3

4 hours ago, Butterfly_ said:

OMG, I can’t believe this. I’m gonna cry.

I just got an offer for the Hamilton Campus today. Time stamp: 11:02am PST.

What should I do. Alberta or McMaster?

Post interviews, I had preferred McMaster over Alberta. After waiting for so long, I had expected a rejection from McMaster and started preparing my move for Edmonton. 

Now I’m completely torn.

They are both such amazing schools with great programs.

Where do you see yourself practicing when you are done? This could be a factor, as well as where your family and friends are. Can’t go wrong with either. My only  acceptance after 4 interviews in a row and final acceptance my last try after 5 application cycles was at McMaster. Best time of my life....best wishes with your decision. 

14 hours ago, 5th time the charm said:

Where do you see yourself practicing when you are done? This could be a factor, as well as where your family and friends are. Can’t go wrong with either. My only  acceptance after 4 interviews in a row and final acceptance my last try after 5 application cycles was at McMaster. Best time of my life....best wishes with your decision. 

9 hours ago, ninja7292 said:

Congratulations! I have been rooting for you (and you too @Distancea , see you in the fall!). I guess the main question is do you want a 3 year or 4 year program and do you want to move away from home (depending if you're Albertan, Ontario, or neither, etc.) Keep us posted!

Hey guys!! Thank you so much for your advice! 

I had a chat with my family and fiancée plus a night to sleep on it and I have decided to attend McMaster! So excited!!!!

As I’m an older applicant and about to start a family, a shorter program works much better for me as I can support family sooner and have kids earlier. The year round program also works out too. Since my fiancée works full time and only has 2-3 weeks of vacation per year, I’d feel guilty travelling anywhere and leaving him behind to work during my summers off. Lastly, it’ll be less stress on my parents. My brother lives in Toronto and they have always wanted us to live closer (I’m from BC). After a decade of living apart, we’re gonna have a family reunion! Really happy about that :)! 

Can’t wait to meet you guys in August!! Thank you for all your support :)!!!

1 hour ago, Butterfly_ said:

I had a chat with my family and fiancée plus a night to sleep on it and I have decided to attend McMaster! So excited!!!!

As I’m an older applicant and about to start a family, a shorter program works much better for me as I can support family sooner and have kids earlier. The year round program also works out too. Since my fiancée works full time and only has 2-3 weeks of vacation per year, I’d feel guilty travelling anywhere and leaving him behind to work during my summers off. Lastly, it’ll be less stress on my parents. My brother lives in Toronto and they have always wanted us to live closer (I’m from BC). After a decade of living apart, we’re gonna have a family reunion! Really happy about that :)! 

Yay! Excited to meet up in August! Very happy for you  :)

2 hours ago, Butterfly_ said:

See you in the fall!

21 hours ago, Butterfly_ said:

congrats!!! I'm so glad you got off the waitlist!!!!! :) I hope we run into each other in August!

• 1 month later...

Archived