Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Result: Accepted

Site Location: Saskatoon

Time Stamp: 15/05/2020 - 8:40 AM

GPA: ~89%

MCAT Score: 511

Degree: 4th year UG

Interview: Felt good about it afterwards! Obviously it was a different format than what we had prepared for but it was more of a relief to have it done with :lol:

Congrats to everyone so far! I'm so excited to meet the class :)

Result: Waitlisted(3rd Quartile)

Time Stamp: 15/05/2020

GPA: % >85

MCAT Score: 520+

Degree:  UG graduated

My email says that due to the uncertainty I should proceed with other plans.Does it say the same thing for OOP in the 2nd quartile as well?

Result: Accepted

Site Location: Saskatoon (1st choice)

Time Stamp: May 15 2020 - 8:40 am (CST)

GPA: 3.8/4.0 (idk % conversion)

MCAT Score: 503

Degree: 4th year undergrad

Interview: Very personal interview- felt like it was a great way to show off personal experience. Had a lot of fun (in retrospect lol) 

Beyond excited to meet some of you in the fall! (whether it's face-to-face or virtual)!

5 hours ago, muricanmed said:

Did you do two undergrads? Did they calculate the gpa for both undergrads or just the most recent?

From the application manual:

(B)ADDITIONAL FOUR-YEAR BACCALAUREATE DEGREES OR RESTARTING UNIVERSITY.If you start a new four-year degree program after completing your first four-year degree, or restart university after being away from post-secondary studies for at least 8 consecutive months before restarting your studies, you must be within 30 CU of completing the new four-year degree program at the time of application for the new or restart degree to be considered for UAA calculation purposes. All coursework for the awarding of the four-yeardegree must be completed by the end of April prior to entry to Medicine. For purposes of UAA calculation, the most recent 120 CU completed as of the end of December of the year of application will be used and the 120 CU must have been completed within <5 years(for restart applicants, the time away from university will be removed when assessing the five-year period). Although courses completed in the calendar year following application will not be used in calculating the UAA for admission purposes, academic performance in these classes must average >75%. If you are not within 30 CU of completing the second degree at the time of application,only your first four-year degree will be considered as per (A). Only 1restart is allowed within the 120 CU being considered. Any additional restarts (i.e., two or more) within the 120 CU being considered will be allowed, however, the time away from university will NOT be removed.NOTE:Additional undergraduate level courses taken following the awarding of a degree will only be considered if they will result in a subsequent four-year degree completed by the end of April and that will be awarded prior to entering medical training.

Site Location: Saskatoon (1st choice)

Time Stamp: 15/05/2020 - 9:42 AM EST

GPA: 3.82/4 - not sure how this converts to %

MCAT Score: 522

Degree: UG graduated

Interview: Felt good about half the stations, not so good with the other half, but overall no surprises. The interviewers were so kind and wonderful! They made an online experience feel very personable. 

I'll be declining the offer for Queen's, good luck to everyone!! :)

Site Location: Saskatoon (1st choice)

Time Stamp: 15/05/2020 - 8:40 PST

GPA: >90

MCAT Score: 517

Degree: last year of UG

Interview: I felt good coming out of it though I struggled with one station. The interviewers were all super nice!!

I am so excited to be starting this journey !! Congrats to everyone accepted!

Time Stamp: May 15th 2020 - 8:40 AM
GPA: 87%
MCAT Score: 510
Degree: 4th year UG
Interview: I really enjoyed the stations and felt great coming out of it. I started to doubt my MMI performance over time but I'm honoured to have been accepted! 

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist and those applying this coming year! 

Site Location: Regina (1st choice)

Time Stamp: 15/05/2020 - 8:42 AM 

GPA: 89%

MCAT Score: 510

Degree: Just finished UG. 

Interview: Screwed up one station badly, but did well on others.

Much love to all the people on premed forums as they have been extremely supportive and helpful throuhgout the process.

Site Location: Saskatoon (1st choice)

Time Stamp: 15/05/2020 - 8:45 AM 

GPA: 88%

MCAT Score: 507

Degree: 4 year undergrad at the U of S 

Interview: It went pretty well for the most part, the awkward goodbye's between switching stations made me feel like the personal bond wasn't created (but I think it was mostly because of the online format). But the rest of the 10 minutes went quite well and I felt confident. Bringing in lots of personal situations was key to this year's interview and is something I highly recommend to future applicants. 

Result: Accepted (Off Waitlist) 

Site Location: Updated: Saskatoon (1st choice) // Regina (2nd choice)

Time Stamp: 25/05/2020 - 8:49 AM PST

GPA: 3.76

MCAT Score: 521

Degree: UG graduated 2018

Interview: 3 stations felt really good, and one felt quite shaky. 

Incredibly honoured and excited to have been accepted, and looking forward to meeting you all in August. Congrats to everyone who’s gotten in and best of luck to those on the waitlist :)

Update: They contacted me about a half hour ago to say that a spot at my first choice, Saskatoon, has opened up. 

Update:

Status: Accepted (From 1st quartile of waitlist) - Regina (second choice)

Time Stamp: May 26, 2020 - 2:37 PM

GPA: low 80s

MCAT Score: 504

Degree: 2 x UG

Interview: Felt pretty good, compared to last year

Congrats to everyone else who got in, and good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

Time Stamp: June 1, 2020

GPA: 84

MCAT Score: 501

Felt like a strong interview for me! Was able to tie in personal attributes and experiences to each station. 

Excited to begin this journey! Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist. 

Time Stamp: June 3, 2020

GPA: No idea! I did my undergrad at 2 schools with an 87 GPA at one and only letter grades at the other with one year where I had both a D and a W on my transcript, and I have a 91 GPA in my Masters. So I would guess somewhere in the 80's :)

MCAT Score: 505

I honestly felt like crap after my interview so I'm so excited to be able to make this post!!! This was my 2nd year applying so please never give up. I'll be requesting a deferral of my seat since I'm not quite finished my Masters yet so hopefully this means good news for someone else on the waitlist.

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, anon12345 said:

I was wondering if anyone has received the welcome package from the College of Medicine yet. The acceptance email mentioned one would be sent in the middle of June. Worried that somehow my seat deposit wasn't received...

I haven’t received the welcome package either, but as long as you received a confirmation email when you paid your deposit I’m sure you’re in the clear. I just checked degree works and under the program section it was updated to “MD”, so you could check there as well. 

1 hour ago, skmed257 said:

I haven’t received the welcome package either, but as long as you received a confirmation email when you paid your deposit I’m sure you’re in the clear. I just checked degree works and under the program section it was updated to “MD”, so you could check there as well. 

Found it. 

Edited by tallshirts

Sorry, this is only marginally related to what you were discussing, but does anyone know if we were ever provided with an NSID and temporary password? I've never studied at Usask so I don't have an account - I'd like to log into PAWS but I don't know whether or not I can do that (yet). 

15 hours ago, loksda said:

Sorry, this is only marginally related to what you were discussing, but does anyone know if we were ever provided with an NSID and temporary password? I've never studied at Usask so I don't have an account - I'd like to log into PAWS but I don't know whether or not I can do that (yet). 

I'm in the same boat and haven't received anything more than the acceptance deposit email and the facebook page. Assuming the PAWS account info will come with the orientation package.. Do any upper years remember when they received their orientation package?

20 hours ago, loksda said:

I phoned the student wellness center, and they were able to provide me with my NSID and student number. They then connected me with the IT department for my password. 

1 hour ago, bcpremed2020 said:

I phoned the student wellness center, and they were able to provide me with my NSID and student number. They then connected me with the IT department for my password. 

Thank you so much for this info! I just called IT support right off the bat and they helped me set everything up.