Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

5 minutes ago, broclivity44 said:

Thank you! I really appreciate it, I hope so. Have you heard back yet? Forum has been surprisingly quiet

Nothing yet, I suspect it will come soon though! They may have done OOP first.

1 minute ago, Koopatroopa said:

Congrats! And good luck!!! 

I’m still waiting... and checking my email every 1 minute! Hopefully news comes soon.

Me too! Nothing is getting done for the next little bit.

1 minute ago, Koopatroopa said:

Haha I’m happy to say I haven’t gotten anything done in days. This prolonged waiting is a killer. 

haha! This past week especially has been a complete write-off, but I'm OK with it too!  It's been a nice change of pace, but I'm excited to be able to plan ahead again.

Time: 1:42 MST

Accepted to Regina campus (First choice)

Geography: OOP AP

GPA: 85ish

MCAT: 508

Interview: I felt the worst about this one tbh. I blew my first station completely, but recovered by the end haha. Definitely must have done better than I thought! 

I’m so excited to meet everyone in August! I’m 95% sure I’ll be accepting my offer! 

Hi all! 

I am a standard OOP applicant and was ACCEPTED into U of S Saskatoon campus this morning. I will be taking the offer.

Honestly thought the MMI could not have gone any worse upon leaving, but maybe I just have too high expectations for myself. Regardless, I made sure to show my own personality and answer as confidently as I could. Looking forward to meeting all my new classmates in August!

3 minutes ago, Koopatroopa said:

Interview: I felt the worst about this one tbh. I blew my first station completely, but recovered by the end haha. Definitely must have done better than I thought! 

I’m so excited to meet everyone in August! I’m 95% sure I’ll be accepting my offer! 

Congratulations!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Koopatroopa said:

Congrats Koopatroopa! I guess I will see you in a few months then!

Accepted: Regina 

Time: 13:43 (May 15)

IP

GPA: 93%

MCAT: 513 

Interview: Felt like I connected more with the interviewers this year and showed more of who I am. One station was awesome, didn't know about two stations and the rest were pretty good. 

I will be accepting the offer! All the best to those on the waitlist. 

On 5/15/2018 at 12:12 PM, broclivity44 said:

Just got the email

Geography: OOP

MCAT: 521 (128 cars)

Time stamp: 11:58 am EST May 15th 2018

Interview: felt like it didn't go so well immediately after, but over time accepted that I may have done alright. Hard to say how it went now but hoping for the best as I will be accepting if I get the offer.

Hey guys, just an update:

I've been accepted off the waitlist for Saskatoon campus. Time stamp was 12:35 pm EST.  Geography: OOP

This is a week after getting waitlisted on May 15th, and I will be accepting the offer. I am incredibly excited to meet you guys in August!

This is definitely the proudest moment of my life so far. I've written the MCAT 4 times (with a void), I'm 2 years out of school, this is my 2nd cycle, and my only med interview ever was this year at USask. These last couple of years have been a real slog with constant doubt nagging at me about whether or not I could do it, but I have to say that all of that was 100% worth it for this moment. To everyone who is still trying and who is sure that medicine is their calling, don't give up. It will eventually work out. There were many times when I wanted to give up but 2 things kept me going: 1) my profound respect for the work that doctors do and 2) the incredible support I received from my friends and family.  I was not always confident in my abilities but this is all I've ever wanted to do so I just kept my head down and surrounded myself with positive people. Good luck to those who remain on the waitlisted or those who are still trying; I know what it feels like and it really sucks, but I promise you that it is all worth it in the end. Keep going!

1 hour ago, broclivity44 said:

I've been accepted off the waitlist for Saskatoon campus. Time stamp was 12:35 pm EST.  Geography: OOP

This is a week after getting waitlisted on May 15th, and I will be accepting the offer. I am incredibly excited to meet you guys in August!

This is definitely the proudest moment of my life so far. I've written the MCAT 4 times (with a void), I'm 2 years out of school, this is my 2nd cycle, and my only med interview ever was this year at USask. These last couple of years have been a real slog with constant doubt nagging at me about whether or not I could do it, but I have to say that all of that was 100% worth it for this moment. To everyone who is still trying and who is sure that medicine is their calling, don't give up. It will eventually work out. There were many times when I wanted to give up but 2 things kept me going: 1) my profound respect for the work that doctors do and 2) the incredible support I received from my friends and family.  I was not always confident in my abilities but this is all I've ever wanted to do so I just kept my head down and surrounded myself with positive people. Good luck to those who remain on the waitlisted or those who are still trying; I know what it feels like and it really sucks, but I promise you that it is all worth it in the end. Keep going!

Yes!!! Congrats @broclivity44!

1 hour ago, broclivity44 said:

Congrats!!! I’m so happy for you right now!! 

So excited to meet everyone in August!! 

9 hours ago, broclivity44 said:

THE DREAM!!! Congrats @broclivity44! See you in August :]

5 hours ago, Peppygirl said:

Hey everybody! I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but I am just wondering if anyone who accepted their spot and sent in their money received any kind of confirmation from admissions? 

I did, but I had to request it and it took a few days.