Premed 101 Forums

15 hours ago, knispow said:

Waitlisted here. 

Anyone know whether they release invites in batches or one at a time, as they get declines?

Probably most of the invites to us will be sent after May 25th then? What do you all think?

Why the 25th? Is that when the deadline is to decline?

55 minutes ago, broclivity44 said:

Why the 25th? Is that when the deadline is to decline?

Yes, the 25th is the deadline for the first round of offers to be accepted. I'm assuming that after that, there will be some movement on the waitlist.

Hey guys!

I'm new to this forum.

I'm IP and I was wait-listed too :/ This was my first year applying. It's hard to be optimistic when they don't release rank information anymore.  

I'll let you guys know if I hear of any movement after the 25th. It would be good to keep each other updated. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Dadscookies said:

I’m also curious if anyone knows how many people are usually on the IP waitlist?

Last year they had 45 students on the wait-list. 15 students each in the top, middle, and bottom. They usually say that almost everyone in the top third gets in but it's a shame that they don't give out rank information this year. :/

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dadscookies said:

I got accepted off the waitlist today!

Nice! Congratulations. 

If you don't mind me asking, did they contact you by phone or email? I'm in Budapest all summer for a break from school, but I'm worried about making them phone my Hungarian number. I'd much rather they just emailed me if I was lucky enough that at some point they DID want to get a hold of me.

2 hours ago, Lordaveh said:

Nice! Congratulations. 

If you don't mind me asking, did they contact you by phone or email? I'm in Budapest all summer for a break from school, but I'm worried about making them phone my Hungarian number. I'd much rather they just emailed me if I was lucky enough that at some point they DID want to get a hold of me.

You're in Budapest? I'll be in Budapest next week! :lol:

I suspect that, this far away from matriculation, it'll be over email. Worst case, they'll phone you, not get anyone, then send an email. I think you'd have more to worry about if it were the week before classes started

47 minutes ago, Ann2018 said:

I am waitlisted too! I got 81% and 506.

What's your stats if you don't mind sharing?

That would be helpful if everyone on the waitlist here share their stats.

Have fun in Budapest!

Thanks! :)

My stats are UAA of 82% and MCAT of 512. I'm not naturally the greatest at interviews though. 

Hope that's somewhat informative. 

Hey everyone, I’m new to this forum but have been checking it religiously since being waitlisted and just thought I’d let you guys know that I’ve been accepted today to Regina! Best of luck to everyone still on the waitlist!!

UAA: 81%

MCAT: 513

On 6/8/2018 at 7:10 AM, insomnias said:

You're in Budapest? I'll be in Budapest next week! :lol:

I suspect that, this far away from matriculation, it'll be over email. Worst case, they'll phone you, not get anyone, then send an email. I think you'd have more to worry about if it were the week before classes started

Haha, message me if you want to meet up. 

And thanks for the input. It would still be nice to know for sure but I suspect you're probably right. 

Hey everyone,

I am an OOP applicant and I received a Regina offer off the waitlist on Monday June 11th at 11:14 AM MST. Today I was offered a Saskatoon spot, which is my preferred site. I have accepted this position as I have had no other offers but I may decline Saskatchewan if I get an offer off the Manitoba waitlist. Assuming I do not get a Manitoba spot, there could still potentially be two Regina spots left for OOP (assuming that most OOPs chose Saskatoon over Regina). I'm not sure where they are in the OOP waitlist, but if you are on the waitlist, there is still hope! I am also thinking that they are probably in the middle or maybe even close to the bottom of the OOP waitlist since it has been a month since initial offers and there were probably ~20 on the OOP waitlist. This means that there is a chance that some remaining OOP spots will turn into IP spots.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! 

Archived