Premed 101 Forums

GIM Salary

Depends if you find full time hours right away or not. Huge regional variation. Met some fresh GIMs who are only able to locum coverage etc, but will hopefully land a permanent gig soon. Low ball your first year for financial planning purposes just in case you find yourself in this position.

It's completely variable of course. I have a permanent full-time position but opted for a "soft start" for some study time and, otherwise, because I need to savour some freedom post-residency. My practice won't be typical as it will tend largely to cardiology outpatient stuff, ICU weeks, and call/vacation-associated dialysis. 

3 hours ago, A-Stark said:

It's completely variable of course. I have a permanent full-time position but opted for a "soft start" for some study time and, otherwise, because I need to savour some freedom post-residency. My practice won't be typical as it will tend largely to cardiology outpatient stuff, ICU weeks, and call/vacation-associated dialysis. 

Interesting mix. Out of curiosity did you do 4 year or 5 year GIM? And broadly speaking what is the community size?

Archived