Premed 101 Forums

17 minutes ago, pyridoxal-phosphate said:

Hey,

I recall reading on forums that Ottawa had some rules regarding how many online courses you can take per semester. 

I was on their website earlier and I could not seem to find such rules. Having said that, I'm als not the strongest reader lol. Is this online course rule still a thing?

My apologizes if this is a silly question :)

Thanks! 

I believe it is! Basically the majority of your courses needs to be onsite for that program. 

Note: Studies completed toward a professional degree will not be recognized as equivalent to a bachelor’s degree. Full‑time studies completed by distance education will not be recognized, since the spirit of the full‑time studies requirement is to be able to assess and compare how you succeed in a full‑time course load and to predict how you will perform and cope with the rigorous demands of the medical program.

side note - ha, always thought that was a bit insulting to distance education programs - many of which are harder than their in class equivalents. If you can independently complete full time courses by DE you probably are quite disciplined. 

3 minutes ago, pyridoxal-phosphate said:

Thanks! 

Sigh, wish I did my research before taking some online classes in a semester, but can only move forward I guess haha. 

I'll make sure to do my own research, but on the top of your head are there any other schools that have policies surrounding distance education classes? 

that is the only one that I know of in Ontario that is so strict. 

Where did you do these courses? What where they in? How many is "some"? 

Archived