Premed 101 Forums
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
    • So this is the week - good luck everyone! 
    • Ce n’est pas StudiUM ni le centre étudiant. C’est un site spécifiquement pour les horaires de med vet. Voici le lien: http://www.apps.medvet.umontreal.ca/horaires/index.php?ref=siteweb  Vous aurez votre horaire plus vers la fin de l’été si c’est comme l’an passé!  
    • Unlike Med school admissions which tries to be more objective and numbers based, residency match is far more subjective. The number one factor that people talk about is “fit” which literally just means how well you fit into the residency group. To be competitive, put yourself out there, make connections, be nice to EVERYONE, and be a strong Med student.   The number 1 benefit of research is the connections you make, not the publications. Number 2 benefit is having something to show you’re interested in the specialty. Showing that you can actually do research and publish is less important than those first 2.  That being said, having 5 or so research “entries” (pubs, presentations, etc.) in the specialty will be golden for most programs. 
    • Does anyone know if the Mcmaster OT waitlist offers only come out tomorrow? Or if its throughout the week?
    • Salut, Moi et mon conjoint se cherchons un appart en vue de mes études en physiothérapie à l'automne prochain et je serais très intéressée à visiter ton logement si c'est possible !  Tu peux m'écrire en privée si c'est toujours disponible et je te donnerai mes informations pour qu'on se mette en contact   
    • Salut !  J'ai reçu une demande d'admission en physiothérapie à Sherbrooke pour l'automne prochain et j'ai des petits questionnements si quelqu'un est en mesure de me répondre 1. Les horaires ressemblent à quoi pour la première année ? De ce que j'ai compris c'est pas tellement nous qui font nos choix de cours, mais c'est plutôt les responsables du programme qui nous attribuent un horaire, donc je me demandais si on avait tous le même horaire et cela ressemblait à quoi ? 2. Est-ce possible de travailler durant la session ? J'ai une job à temps partiel (je travaille de la maison!) de soir que j'étais en mesure de maintenir lors de mon bac en kinésiologie, mais je me demandais si dans un programme comme physio c'était encore possible ? Je travaillais environ 21h/semaine. 3. J'ai vue dans un message plus haut que les "tutos se faisait la fin de semaine". Est-ce qu'on parle qu'il va y'avoir des cours la fin de semaine ou seulement que les travaux seront à compléter la fin de semaine ? Merci de votre aide! J'ai bien hâte de commencer l'automne prochain :)
    • Hey, Med-1 here! When I submitted the form last year, they only completed my immunization review in July despite having submitted the form in April, so don't worry if you haven't heard back about it yet. Enjoy your summer and congrats on your acceptance!
    • Hello,   I am unable to accept my offer for some reason at McGill on their computer system, and I have no idea why.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?   Thank you so much.
    • Hi everyone, I am an incoming medical student at the University of Manitoba. I'm interested in Family Medicine, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, and General Surgery (from most to least interested). I have yet to publish any research, take part in any research projects, or even step into a science laboratory. I would consider myself a goal-oriented person, and having a well-defined goal like "aim for four first or second-author papers before CaRMS" would be something I would like to set. Of course, I'm not sure how realistic this goal is or not. I am also not interested in aiming for competitive residency locations. I'm okay with being in Thunder Bay or Toronto equally. With that said, what do you all think would be a good goal I could set in order to match into Cardiology, Gastroenterology, and General Surgery? I know for Family Medicine, it really doesn't matter much. Thank you.  
    • Applied + (PT or OT?): UofS (PT), UofM, UofA (OT) Accepted: UofA (off the waitlist) Waitlisted: UofA (got off the waitlist May 31 11:43 am) Rejected: UofS, UofM GPA: Sask uses percentages, c-gpa: 84, s-gpa: 88 (last 60 credits) CASPer Quartile: 2nd... I thought I was done for  Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:  This was my first time applying, I wanted OT at UofA the most so I applied once I completed my fall term to boost my average a bit. I definitely was considering other options and stressing once I was on the waitlist because I had no idea where I stood with a lower casper and gpa. I think writing about my experiences working with different populations may have helped my application.  I worked with geriatrics at a retirement home as a server for my first job for several years. I volunteered with children who have intellectual or physical impairments and helped them participate in physical activity. I worked with children at summer sports camps, customer service job but as a supervisor, volunteered leading pole-walking and exercise sessions for geriatric adults, and I also participated in a cardiac rehabilitation practicum working with clients during my last term of school.  I was very surprised to be offered a spot this early, I assume it has to do with my Saskatchewan residency. But I still think the application is very much holistic which I hope can reassure some people still on the waitlist! Wish the best for you all!
    • I have no clue. It’s harder to keep track of OOP because they’re all over the place. 
    • Congratulations!!!  So obviously they've started going through the waitlist! I wonder if they do Saskatchewan first?  I'm really hoping I hear something to get off the waitlist this week. I'm an Alberta resident.  ETA: Can I ask your stats? 
    • Have you heard anything about if the OOP waitlist is also in the range of 6-9 people?
    • I got accepted into UofA OT off the waitlist on Friday! Also I am a Saskatchewan resident. 
    • Tu parle de quelle site exactement, le centre étudiant ou Studium ?