Premed 101 Forums

Still not prepared for the DAT!

16 minutes ago, Fentist said:

Have you written it before? Some schools take the most recent and some schools take the highest so you have to be careful 

No, I haven't written the DAT before. Yes that's what I'm mostly worried about if I wrote the test, it maybe risky. Thanks

On 2/2/2019 at 2:18 PM, Starburst said:

I would go ahead and just take it. Most Canadian dental schools take a look at your best or most recent score, so you have nothing to lose. And if it helps, I've read somewhere about a girl who studied for just 2 weeks and got a 21AA, so it's possible to do well.

Thanks for replying Starburst

• 2 weeks later...

I would highly recommend you take it, just to see what the fuss is about and familiarize yourself with the process/time constraints. I took it once for "practice" and I learned like a slap in the face how time constrained the PAT section is when you are in that environment. I noticed that several people also felt quite constrained with the RC sections. BIO/GC tend to be okay, either you know it or you don't lol. MDT I cannot speak from experience. 

Hey everyone, I'm also in the same boat as OP...I'm very anxious and not happy with my practice test scores. 

How many times retaking is too many? I'm hoping that a competitive score is weighed higher than the number of times written but is 2 or 3 too many? 

Archived