Premed 101 Forums

French for McGill PT?

Hey guys, so I've gotten an offer for McGill's PT QY but I'm a little hesitant based on my French skills :P. I know that they say French is highly recommended, and I've also heard that there are specific french courses for health professionals that are offered. My only concern is that I don't even have basic French (although I'm planning to learn during summer), so I don't know if I can even do these courses from the getgo. Does anyone know exactly how proficient you have to be in French for the clinical placements? And if you don't know French, will it actually limit your clinical placements so much that it delays graduation or are there plenty of mostly English speaking placements?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, wangxian said:

Hey guys, so I've gotten an offer for McGill's PT QY but I'm a little hesitant based on my French skills :P. I know that they say French is highly recommended, and I've also heard that there are specific french courses for health professionals that are offered. My only concern is that I don't even have basic French (although I'm planning to learn during summer), so I don't know if I can even do these courses from the getgo. Does anyone know exactly how proficient you have to be in French for the clinical placements? And if you don't know French, will it actually limit your clinical placements so much that it delays graduation or are there plenty of mostly English speaking placements?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have also heard you need french for practical work -- so if you're not confident you can learn this with the time frame, and have other options available, maybe that might be something to consider? Keep in mind that I don't actually know how much is used but if you have other english-dominant PT options maybe consider those :) Cheers

Archived