Premed 101 Forums

UVic GPA=percentage

Guest iownhonda

Guest iownhonda

how do you translate Uvic gpa to percentage? Is it still the same as below?

A+ =(90%)

A =(85%)

A- =(80%)

B+ =(75%)

etc..

Guest kaymcee

Although this is pure speculation, I believe that the scale you gave, iownhonda, is what they use. This "confidentiality" is @#%$. They keep it secret because they know it is unfair to UVic students.

I think this secret formula could be elucidated by an informal poll. Ask UVic students who have applied to UBC and given a percentage to post both their UVic GPA and their percentage. I'm pretty sure it will pretty much correlate with A+ = 90, A = 85, A– = 80, B+ = 75, etc.

...and don't get me started on the extreme inadequacies of the four-point GPA system.

</rant>

Guest iownhonda

I hope that they disclose the rules by which they convert uvic marks to percentage soon, because I really don't know why they should make that confidential, even if it is unfair to uvic students.

• 7 years later...
Grade_Conversion_Table_-_JPEG21654.jpg

Is this table just for show or what? A+ should be 95 :confused:

No. Table A was how they changed UVic grades into percentages for this cycle. This thread is also 7 years old. UBC offers a lot of information on their site and are pretty open about how they evaluate your application. It's actually nice because 90 is an A+ in most UVic classes (all of them now), so if you just got over 90, you get a percentage boost.

Archived