Premed 101 Forums

Where do you track whether or not they have received your references?

I received this within an email after I completed my application (I edited out irrelevant things):

"

1. Verify Receipt of Your Application

You can inquire online to determine what supporting documents have been received by OMSAS. Log in to http://www.ouac.on.ca/omsas/ and click on <Verify Receipt of Your Application>. You will require your OUAC reference number and your date of birth to access general application information such as your surname, university choices, payment status, MCAT, referees, and transcript requests.

3. Verification Report

When your academic record, as indicated on the application, has been cross-checked against your submitted university transcripts to ensure accuracy of data, a verification report will be sent to you by mail. Changes or corrections to your academic record can be made by sending in your verification report, with the requested changes clearly noted.

"

In section 1. you should be able to find your answer, section 3 is just another thing of interest to note...

Hope this helped!

I received this within an email after I completed my application (I edited out irrelevant things):

"

1. Verify Receipt of Your Application

You can inquire online to determine what supporting documents have been received by OMSAS. Log in to http://www.ouac.on.ca/omsas/ and click on <Verify Receipt of Your Application>. You will require your OUAC reference number and your date of birth to access general application information such as your surname, university choices, payment status, MCAT, referees, and transcript requests.

3. Verification Report

When your academic record, as indicated on the application, has been cross-checked against your submitted university transcripts to ensure accuracy of data, a verification report will be sent to you by mail. Changes or corrections to your academic record can be made by sending in your verification report, with the requested changes clearly noted.

"

In section 1. you should be able to find your answer, section 3 is just another thing of interest to note...

Hope this helped!

For this log in, do I just log in with my previous ID and password?

"Once your payment has been processed, three tools are available to you:"

Do they receive my credit card payment instantly or is there a wait time?

Problem is when I log in to omsas I can only view my entire application package and no other links :(

It all shows up after a few days, but DO NOT stress out if your reference letters are listed as "non yet received," at first. It takes them a little while to update the system. Mine took over a week and a half to show up in the system one year.

My OMSAS page just updated, giving me a link to a page which showed the following information:

Processing Information

Surname

OUAC Reference Number

IT Number

Payment Status

MCAT Scores

Referee Assessment Information

Referee Number 1

Referee Number 2

Referee Number 3

University Selection Data

Transcripts Received

Institution Number of Documents Received

It showed the information in each of the categories too... I just chose to delete it all before posting here (call me paranoid lol). It did, however, state that my first and third referee assessments were received.

All the best

Archived